Arkmodel's Yak-9 Kits

STAVKA

Wow - very impressive images and comparison! This deserves to be pinned somewhere - you don't have your own web site by any chance, do you, @Tbolt? Regardless, I bookmarked your post for future enjoyment. Thank you!

John

1 hour ago, John Thompson said:

Wow - very impressive images and comparison! This deserves to be pinned somewhere - you don't have your own web site by any chance, do you, @Tbolt? Regardless, I bookmarked your post for future enjoyment. Thank you!

John

Thanks. No I don't have my own website, when I retire ( a long time away unfortunately ) I might have time to do one!

Tbolt, you've gone cmpletely beyond the usual reply there! Superb! A lot of effort no doubt, too, so thanks for that. I have to agree that the later kit is much better in detail and technical execution. Surely a new mold? Or improved, anyway.

Listen, when you get ready to work on this thing, please do shoot me a PM. I am thinking to have you compare the details and shapes even more closely to some of my drawings. I'd be really fascinated to see how/if they match. My initial impression is favourable, but...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STAVKA said:

Tbolt, you've gone cmpletely beyond the usual reply there! Superb! A lot of effort no doubt, too, so thanks for that. I have to agree that the later kit is much better in detail and technical execution. Surely a new mold? Or improved, anyway.

Listen, when you get ready to work on this thing, please do shoot me a PM. I am thinking to have you compare the details and shapes even more closely to some of my drawings. I'd be really fascinated to see how/if they match. My initial impression is favourable, but...

No problem. It’s might be a while before I build it as I’ve got quite a few in the queue.

By the way, something didn't reach me before.

You guys are most likely not aware that there is an "Archive Revolution" channel on YouTube, on which leading Russian historians give lectures. Why did I write about this, these lectures provide the latest information that has not yet been published in books. The speeches are, of course, in Russian, but you can turn on subtitles with auto-translation, although it is clumsy but you can understand. At least I watch videos in Japanese and German like that.

This is a cycle about attack aircrafts by Oleg Rastrenin, the videos are not numbered, but can be found by the author's name:

This is a cycle about Lagg-3 by Gennady Serov: 

This is about the Yak-1 fighter by Sergey Kuznetsov: 

This is not an advertisement, although I am familiar with some authors, I have no personal interest in this channel or in the episodes, I just say it just in case.

If you can survive the YouTube poo-poo autotranslation, you won't regret it, it's super content.

Edited by DLinevitch
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DLinevitch said:

the YouTube poo-poo autotranslation

Given that one of the simpler things you can do with Artificial Intelligence is translation, if anyone ever tells you that AI  is going to rule the world, get them to look at the Yak video and they will soon realise there is a long way to go.

The video is extremely interesting and i wish my Russian was a bit (a lot) better.