Dassault Super Mystére B2...AZ Model...

John Masters

18 hours ago, John Masters said:

Thank you @VG 33...the decals arrived.  Now I can continue on with this!  Tell me Patrick...where does the Mastiff go?  Opposite the Scorpion?

51466118899_1cf7e90b29_c_d.jpg

--John

Good morning John 

Yes the Mastiff goes on the left side and the Scorpion on the right 

This should help you 

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/5/1/7/1129517-85-instructions.pdf

Best Regards 

Patrice 

Finally back at this!  This feels really good.  I chose Vallejo Air Silver for the first stage of the NMF.  I'll give the exhaust some Burnt Iron, some of the panels will get Duraluminum.  I'll Levi the anti-glare panel on the nose matte black unless someone tells me differently.

51485950152_57e99cf01d_c_d.jpg

Btw...I began to move house a few days ago.  I will take a long time to keep it mostly painless.  I owed up and moved all the built models this morning.  Below is an example...a Box of Migs...

Process..layer of aircraft on a bubblewrap base.  Then the peanuts.  Then the lid.  I dis this repeatedly. Most bins have two layers.  I think I need to build more Migs.

51486952398_6d117e212f_c_d.jpg

51486732736_83cb8d22f9_c_d.jpg

And I ended up with these...

51487468004_887190d8c8_c_d.jpg

Not bad.  The hard part will be unpacking them carefully, re-shelving, etc. 

--John

• Like 9

When I moved house a couple of months ago, that is how I moved my models.  I used the bubble wrap and packing noodles and also shredded paper.  Only breakage was a radar aerial off the nose of a Me-110G nightfighter.  One thing I did that I regret was in some boxes I used the bits of foam used as cushion filling, this was a mistake as it left a layer of fine particles on the models.

AW

2 hours ago, Andwil said:

a layer of fine particles on the models.

That will be part of the difficulty with unpacking: using a fine soft brush to dust the models before the go back on the shelf.  It'll take some time.

8 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Good luck with the move John. 

Thanks!  Slowly, slowly...

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 11:03 PM, VG 33 said:

I understand it was right on time to send you the decals before moving home.

Perfect!  Thank you1

I am applying the decals on this tonight.  I must wrap this up.  I have other builds wish to begin!

The anti-glare area...

51507782524_d7f84dd414_c_d.jpg

51506267912_ece18c2f6c_c_d.jpg

51507782564_afeda70173_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 4

Thanks to @VG 33 again.  

I applied the decals tonight.  I also attached the undercarriage, painted the wingtips green and the top of the fin a light blue.  The kit decals were ok...just ok.  Opaque enough, but oh, sooo fragile.  Those long arrows on the side split quite a few times.  The trick was to let them soak for a long time, then run a very soft brush beneath the decal to release it from the paper.  Slide it on with a lot of water.

51508211593_f409daa501_c_d.jpg

51507988586_a6a4931bc2_c_d.jpg

Tomorrow I'll carefully give it some varnish, then a bit of pinwash here and there for panel detail.

--John

• Like 9