Hasegawa 1/48 Mitsubishi F-2A

Hello all,

I finished this earlier this year. It's Hasegawa's 1/48 Mitsubishi F-2A with DXM decals. The paint is Mr Color and the red and white tail markings were masked and sprayed. This has just been published as a five-page build article in SAM's September issue, which I believe is available now (mine just arrived through the door).

Thanks for looking, and comments welcome,

Jon

F2A_03.jpg

F2A_22.jpg

F2A_07.jpg

F2A_13.jpg

F2A_21.jpg

F2A_25.jpg

F2A_27.jpg

F2A_28.jpg

F2A_32.jpg

F2A_42.jpg

F2A_43.jpg

F2A_62.jpg

F2A_54.jpg

• Like 57
  • Thanks 3

Beautifully built and painted. The TAC Meet decal on the right hand side appears to be flipped around. Is that the way the original airplane was painted?

• Like 1

Just now, SAT69 said:

Beautifully built and painted. The TAC Meet decal on the right hand side appears to be flipped around. Is that the way the original airplane was painted?

Thanks. The markings are indeed correct!

13-8557.jpg

IMG_4535rs.jpg

Jon

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My copy of SAM arrived this morning and I have just finished reading your article on this build. Superb model and a very enjoyable article which will prove very useful for when I get around to building the one in my stash. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arfa1983 said:

This is probably the best F2 model I have ever seen and I am so tempted to get one.... !

Wow - that's very kind of you! I'm hoping to have it on display at the Asian Air Arms SIG table at Telford (if it goes ahead and if the SIG can get a display together).

1 hour ago, Latinbear said:

My copy of SAM arrived this morning and I have just finished reading your article on this build. Superb model and a very enjoyable article which will prove very useful for when I get around to building the one in my stash. 

Thanks. It's a good feeling to have something published - a new experience for me :)

Jon

Edited by Jon Bryon

• 2 weeks later...

Jon, this is a truly outstanding build, well done. The publishers of Scale Aircraft Modelling (Sept 21) can thank you for posting some images of your build on Britmodeller.com because I purchased the digital version of the magazine to read your article. I found your article informative, I picked up a few tips for future builds. I'll definitely be referring back to your article and this post (for some visual inspiration) when I get around to building the Hasegawa F-2A I have in the stash. I am a big fan of the Japanese oceanic camouflage schemes and I purchased the Hasegawa kit and the DXM JASDF ACM 2013 decal set some years ago. I am looking forward to doing the 8th Squadron Black Panther version. Thank you for sharing your build with us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ScaleModelHobbyist said:

Jon, this is a truly outstanding build, well done. The publishers of Scale Aircraft Modelling (Sept 21) can thank you for posting some images of your build on Britmodeller.com because I purchased the digital version of the magazine to read your article. I found your article informative, I picked up a few tips for future builds. I'll definitely be referring back to your article and this post (for some visual inspiration) when I get around to building the Hasegawa F-2A I have in the stash. I am a big fan of the Japanese oceanic camouflage schemes and I purchased the Hasegawa kit and the DXM JASDF ACM 2013 decal set some years ago. I am looking forward to doing the 8th Squadron Black Panther version. Thank you for sharing your build with us.

Thanks for your reply Rob. I am delighted my article was of interest and use and thank you for sharing that with me. I hope you share your build with us when it's done.

Jon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 7:16 AM, SAT69 said:

Kind of funny, obviously they flipped the stencils and we’re not English speaking painters.

17 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Very nice Jon, you have long been one of my favorite online builders. Is this your first published work? If so long overdue, if not I guess I’ve been living under a rock.

Thanks Scooby. It is indeed my first 🙂

Cheers

Jon

• 1 year later...

Only just come across this as I'm thinking of getting one of these.  This is one of the best built & finished models I've ever seen.  Inspiring and daunting in equal measure!! 

Edited by Dave100TR
  • Thanks 1