Greetings!

Henrikkoh

Hello there, I'm Henrik and I'm a 14 year old male (young lad moment :D) from the small country of Singapore, from Asia. Nice to meet you, and I hope to be a great part of this community and the scale model community in general. I'm a beginner modeller and I like to do models of planes and aviation stuff in general, as I like all stuff aviation (will talk about it below)

First, some basic info about myself. My hobbies are making models (of course), drawing, reading books, and gaming. I also like technology stuff in general, like computers and coding. 

I mostly play games related related to space and aircraft, as I like stuff in these two sectors, for example one game is Kerbal Space Program.

My interests are stuff related to aviation, especially stuff like spacecraft. I'm interested in rockets and follow cool rockets like Atlas V and the Falcon 9. I have been a huge fan of planes and rockets since young, and also other vehicles in general, like trains and buses. Up to now, whenever I hitch a ride on a bus or train, I feel like a toddler inside me. I can't wait to get on a plane once we can travel again.

Since I like planes, I have liked collecting them since a few years ago, when I started off with a few diecast commercial plane models. I liked them, and around 3-4 years ago I tried to build a bunch (2-3) Bandai Gunpla models because they looked cool when I saw them in the toys section of a department store. I didn't try to decorate them with anything other than the stickers, but I was quite satisfied seeing the finished result. Then after these, I built a 1/72 Bandai X-wing model. I tried my best to detail it with markers to my best efforts, especially drawing on the panel lines with a black marker :D  I too loved the result.

Last year, I started building my first ever (painted) scale model, a Revell 1/48 Super Bug (Hornet) which I got as a birthday present in December. I somehow took 8+ months to finish it.

In case you're wondering why it took me so long, it's due to school, time constraints and procrastination. Sometimes I want to start work on it but then remember that I have to do other poo-poo later and then put the modelling work off :( When I do start work on it, it's hard to stop though haha. And also, I was planning for my second painted model to either be a plane or a car (either Revell and Tamiya planes, or Tamiya cars, specifically a Supra :D). But a few months ago, I saw a cool Bandai X-wing kit at a department store and couldn't stop myself. I'm currently  using it to practice my skills, especially in painting and weathering. I have also tried many new techniques like masking canopies. Btw here's a pic of the Super Hornet. 

spacer.png

Recently, I visited a model store for the first time and picked up my second model kit, a Revell BAE Hawk. Will be looking forward to building it. I also got many proper tools like masking tape and primer too. Once I finish the X-wing, I'll start on the Hawk. Love seeing how my X-wing takes shape with my new paints and tools. I currently have a bunch of Vallejo and Mig paints as I'm brush painting, and 2 bottles of Tamiya paints. I should be getting my first airbrush, albeit a cheap one, at the end of the year though :D

I shall show you my workspace, and some of my stuff.

spacer.png

^The table where I do model stuff is also where I study and do other stuff, so when I'm not modelling I place my stuff in the above corner. 

spacer.png

I'm planning to build my own paint rack in the spot where the ruler is above.

spacer.png

The DIY spray booth of mine, which I built for me to safely use spray can primer and hopefully airbrush stuff in the future. I usually brush paint at my table but as seen above now I paint at the booth as its more comfortable.

spacer.png

Aight, that's all I have to say about myself. I hope to be a good and friendly member of not this forum, but also the modelling community in general. I also hope to learn a lot from the  many experienced people here and gain useful knowledge. 

Thanks for reading, and have a nice day :D

• Like 6

Greetings, Henrik, from western Canada and welcome to the forum! This is, in my opinion, THE best online forum for the scale modeler.

Ask any question, on any subject and you will soon get an answer. 

Chris

6 hours ago, adolfocaetanonetto said:

Welcome. I have this game, from Steam. But I never get launch a rocket with safely. My crews explode with the rocket, or falling to death! 😪

Oof. This is why I mostly build planes in KSP nowadays, it's much easier for me and I feel safe in the safe atmosphere of Kerbin.

• Like 1

Hello Henrik … :post1: from the city of Chicago USA, Im mostly aircraft from the 1930’s through modern types. Its always nice to see a younger generation enjoy the hobby, and If you need anything please don't be afraid to ask. Everyone here is quite friendly and usually very helpful. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello, Henrik!  You've made a cracking good start - that Hornet looks superb for a first proper build.  I see you've already run up against the model builder's Publice Enemy Number 1; time is what we're all short of.  I'm working on a Hawker Tempest at the moment, which I think I started in January or February of this year, so I feel your pain!

This forum has been of immense help to me since I returned to building kits after a 20-somethign year break last spring.  I hope it proves as useful to you as it has to me.

Cheers,

JRK

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

I see you've already run up against the model builder's Publice Enemy Number 1; time is what we're all short of.  I'm working on a Hawker Tempest at the moment, which I think I started in January or February of this year, so I feel your pain!

Haha 😔:rofl:

Welcome aboard Henrik. I lived in Singapore for a couple of years in the 60's, first up in Sembawang Hills and then in Pasir Panjang. Happy memories of travelling on Tay Koh Yat buses. Nice Hornet BTW.

John.

• Like 1

Thanks! All I can say is that a lot has changed here according to my grandparents and parents, but those two places still exist :)

Also, just asking but is there a dedicated topic somewhere in this forum to share pictures of one's workspace? 

• Like 1

Hi from over here. That F-18 looks good. Life gets in the way of building quite often, don't let it worry you. You'll find a way to manage yourself. Some people don't build for years or take years to finish, some build like production lines. You'll be fine.

• Like 1

:post1: you’ve chosen the right place to be. Lots of very friendly and helpful people here. I like your work space, I wish mine was as tidy but it generally resembles a bomb site.

Jon

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2021 at 11:34 PM, Faraway said:

:post1: you’ve chosen the right place to be. Lots of very friendly and helpful people here. I like your work space, I wish mine was as tidy but it generally resembles a bomb site.

Jon

Haha, thanks for the comment on my workspace!

The table where I do model stuff is also my study table, so the picture I posted is just all the stuff neatly stashed, you should see my table when I start to do model stuff:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, busnproplinerfan said:

That F-18 looks good.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, jackroadkill said:

that Hornet looks superb for a first proper build. 

Enjoy the pics!

Edited by Henrikkoh