Hasegawa F-16C in Desert Storm experimental camo with Hi-decal markings.

Pull out a good record or CD, and just do an album at a time.  It takes longer overall to get them all on, but can help fight off stencil burnout.....hence why I'm expecting the EJ Kai to be a solid 2 weeks for decaling.  :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, helios16v said:

Pull out a good record or CD, and just do an album at a time.  It takes longer overall to get them all on, but can help fight off stencil burnout.....hence why I'm expecting the EJ Kai to be a solid 2 weeks for decaling.  :thumbsup:

make sure you have a spare needle incase you wear out the current one....... 2 weeks, so you're in a hurry huh! :D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

make sure you have a spare needle incase you wear out the current one....... 2 weeks, so you're in a hurry huh! :D

I'm being optimistic here.  :bleh:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cookie, it was one of those schemes that as soon as I saw it I went hunting for some decals & knew I'd do it one day. This GB seemed like a good chance. It was very much about the scheme rather than the model & as a non air brusher, I was pleased at the way it came out. For me, most boxes ticked. :)

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 1:33 AM, darthspud said:

nice Aggressor Viper.

Not exactly an Aggressor Viper but an experimental scheme at the time of the Desert Storm fracas in 1990/91. Apparently it made the aircraft too hard for its own side to see hence why it was scrubbed off asap. They must have been scared of loosing it. ;) :D From the first time I saw this, I was set on doing it, an itch scratched & very happily so.  Thanks for the kind words. :)

• Haha 1

"Paint it camo to increase survivability in hostile environment."

"It's too hard to see, change it back."

Isn't that point of camo?  :rofl2:

And yes, I get it.  Air superiority wasn't an issue the the Gulf War, so there was a greater risk of a friendly air-air collision than there was being spotted by an enemy aircraft.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Air superiority wasn't an issue the the Gulf War, so there was a greater risk of a friendly air-air collision than there was being spotted by an enemy aircraft.

That sums it up nicely. I still think it was an opportunity missed though. :)

Steve.

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That sums it up nicely. I still think it was an opportunity missed though. :)

Steve.

I concur.  I think I've got 3 or 4 1/48th F-16s (or derivatives) in the stash...and none of them are going to be in the standard grey scheme.  My Diana twins are likely the only F-16s I'll have in the grey scheme...they look to nice all wrapped up in camo.

• Like 1