1/72 DH Venom FB Mk.4 - AccsGB

Pete57

A bit more info on the upcoming kits:

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

These are three original boxings. Reportedly, some extra AM stuff will come up later and will be available separately and also packaged in an upgraded boxing.

I know for sure that Mel and S&M had nothing to do with this kit except helping with research and considering buying a few hundred to repack and sell in his line.

There is a small chance that some of the kits will go on sale at the upcoming SMW... But for sure the plastic will be available for anyone interested, provided a club or a friendly trader sacrifices a sq.foot of display space for the purpose. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well it's all very exciting stuff but barring the Hannants 'AGB' listing (which doesn't feature this model- even on 'Future Releases') I have had difficulty in reaching the producers in order to register my interest and possibly place a reserve order for a few, which would be nice. I tried the normal stockist of the AGB stuff but he confirmed that this model wouldn't fit in with their normal lines (mainly military vehicles apparently) and they wouldn't stock it. He said he'd pass my details on to AGB but nothing came back after many weeks now.

If the owners and brains behind AccsGB are reading this perhaps they could look at becoming a little more contactable so that we can at least touch base. Just saying, no offence meant.

Cheers, Nige

• Like 3

8 hours ago, viscount806x said:

I have had difficulty in reaching the producers in order to register my interest

You can always register your interest with Aviation Megastore:

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/de-havilland-venom-expected-november-2021-agb-models-agb720-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=181901

Jonathan.

6 minutes ago, Stilwell said:

Thanks Jonathan, greatly appreciated. N

6 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

It might just be the renders, but those Roundels don't look right - the blue area looks too narrow compared to the white and red.

Don’t forget the ‘lower case’ underwing serial letters, which are incorrect too. Perhaps, it’s just a case of lazy artwork and the kits decal sheet will be more accurate. Shame the rather plain Manchester Airport version wasn’t a No.14 Squadron RNZAF example, however I expect to see the likes of Xtradecal see to that. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Shame the rather plain Manchester Airport version wasn’t a No.14 Squadron RNZAF example, however I expect to see the likes of Xtradecal see to that. 

Did the RNZAF operate FB.4s or equivalents?

Oldmodels Decals do a set for their FB.1s:

https://www.oldmodelsdecals.com/RNZAF-45-57.html

As set OMD0244, but the screen shots posted earlier suggest a kit designed to specifically make an FB.4.

Other than the obvious tail fin / rudder difference (which could be covered by a new sprue or resin), I don't know what the detail differences are between FB.4 and FB.1, but at the moment I haven't seen any obvious indications we will be getting a kit of the latter.

Jonathan.

Edited by Stilwell
Edited for clarification
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Stilwell said:

Did the RNZAF operate FB.4s or equivalents?

You might be onto something there, looks like the Kiwi's just operated FB.1's which would explain things. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Anyone at SMW, if you see a Suez one, remember your old pal Procopius, trapped in the colonies with no skills Her Majesty's Government regards as critical to Britain's future. Happy to pay. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Two on backorder with Hannants. Save 10% which is better than nothing.

Are there any better/more intetesting options for the Foreign Use boxing I wonder?

Venezuela would be nice.

Venezuela had FB54s, which were FB4 equivalents, The other export customers were Italy (2) and Iraq, who had FB50s, which were FB1 with the Vampire style tails. Switzerland has FB1s as well as FB4s

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Venezuela had FB54s, which were FB4 equivalents, The other export customers were Italy (2) and Iraq, who had FB50s, which were FB1 with the Vampire style tails. Switzerland has FB1s as well as FB4s

Exactly, which is why I thought the plain silver with Swiss national markings was a little underwhelming. I guess the aftermarket guy's will come up with some cool options. The black/orange striped Swiss ones certainly stand out. But they do have that awful pointy nose.

But hey, don't get me wrong, these are great looking little kit's. I can't understand why the Venom hasn't been kitted before. I'm sure it will be very popular.

28 minutes ago, Bedders said:

I saw the plastic and etch at Telford yesterday. Looks very nice.

Justin

Totally agree with that one. The surface detail is very well rendered, looks accurate to me and with a good range of markings. Very nice!

Will

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

Totally agree with that one. The surface detail is very well rendered, looks accurate to me and with a good range of markings. Very nice!

Will

+1 from me, looked good on a first viewing, and looking forward to seeing where they pitch the price for it.

5 hours ago, Jinxman said:

+1 from me, looked good on a first viewing, and looking forward to seeing where they pitch the price for it.

Aviation Megastore says 29.70 euros including VAT.

But they don't currently recognise the three different boxings:

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/de-havilland-venom-expected-november-2021-agb-models-agb720-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=181901

Still competetive with the price of the CMK kit. If that were still readily available.

Jonathan.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Released

- ref. 72-610 - de Havilland DH.112 Venom FB. Mk.4 - RAF 

https://ua-hobby.com/products/1-72-dh-112-venom-mk-4-royal-air-force-accsgb-72-610

agb72-610-1024x1024-2x-1.jpg

agb72-610-3-1024x1024-2x-1.jpg

agb72-610-4-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-610-5-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-610-6-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-610-7-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-610-8-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-610-9-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-610-10-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-610-12-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-610-11-1024x1024-2x.jpg

- ref. 72-620 - de Havilland DH.112 Venom FB. Mk.4 - RAF Suez Crisis

https://ua-hobby.com/products/1-72-dh-112-venom-mk-4-suez-crisis-accsgb-72-620

agb72-620-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-620-10-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-620-12-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-620-11-1024x1024-2x.jpg

- ref. 72-630 - de Havilland DH.112 Venom FB. Mk.4 - Foreign use (Swiss AF)

https://ua-hobby.com/products/1-72-dh-112-venom-mk-4-foreign-use-accsgb-72-630

agb72-630-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-630-10-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-630-11-1024x1024-2x.jpg

agb72-630-12-1024x1024-2x.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1