1/48 Hasegawa F-16A Viper RSAF 140 Sqn "Osprey"

Back in the 1980s and as part of its modernisation efforts, the Republic of Singapore Air Force chose the General Dynamics F-16 to replace its fleet of aging Hawker Hunters. Under the Peace Carvin I FMS program, the United States sold a total of 8 F-16s (4 As and 4 Bs) to the RSAF. These aircraft were received by the RSAF and were initially based at Luke Air Force Base, Arizona where the Air Force sent a detachment of pilots and ground crew to train under the USAF. On 9 January 1990, these 8 Vipers arrived in Singapore and were inducted into 140 Squadron "Osprey". 

This is the Hasegawa F-16A kit built with HobbyDecal turned metal pitot and AoA probes. Decals came from Siam Scale but were not too good so I had to use some of the decals from the kit. The scheme here represents one of the jets as the arrived in Singapore with the old-style "yin-yang" roundel. This was quickly replaced with the modern "lion-head" roundel.

This was built as part of BM's Viper GB. Build thread can be found here:

51384162543_a868a97c52_b.jpg

51384923775_066bd53082_b.jpg

51384923665_df246863d8_b.jpg

51384655399_45769a70eb_b.jpg

51383153862_76166a6d49_b.jpg

51384923625_5d49fe89e5_b.jpg

Mark

Edited by madcat911
  • Like 31

I was at Luke AFB when these A models were there. Well maintained airplanes, their maintenance status always accurately reported and their personnel very professional and courteous. Your model very accurately represents one of their airplanes after it left Luke.

• madcat911 changed the title to 1/48 Hasegawa F-16A Viper RSAF 140 Sqn "Osprey"

Lovely job with the detail. Revell F-16 in build here at the moment - don't know whether to be inspired by your excellent build or cower under the workbench until memories of it have faded enough to allow my ham fisted attempts to continue. Need to pop over to the build thread for some inspiration.  🤔

2 hours ago, Solvent Parrot said:

Lovely job with the detail. Revell F-16 in build here at the moment - don't know whether to be inspired by your excellent build or cower under the workbench until memories of it have faded enough to allow my ham fisted attempts to continue. Need to pop over to the build thread for some inspiration.  🤔

I've just started a Kinetic F-16AM , lost the canopy parts and decals, but as it's going to be a NSAWC aircraft that's no issue. Hoping Kinetic will supply spare canopy parts!

Using these beauts.

If i can find a spare 2 seater . i'll do the blue scheme as well.

245393-10105-14-pristine.jpg

Edited by darthspud