Question about HiSModel

Yep, I have ordered quite a few things from them in multiple orders. Always great service. If they are out of stock on one or more of your items they may be waiting for them to come in to complete your order. It's just a small family company with day jobs. Send them an email and ask, quoteing your order number and order date. Shipping to me here in RI on the east coast USA takes @ 2- 2 1/2 weeks. Regards, Pete.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

6 weeks later I am still waiting.

Hello Peter. I am a worrier and prone to anxiety, so I feel your pain.

I received a parcel today from east Asia that I ordered over 8 weeks ago. The day before, I received a pricey package from one of the Baltic states that took just shy of 8 weeks. I'd written off both! Imagine my relief and utter delight when I found these on the doorstep. Phew! Oh joy! Oh bliss!

In the process of chasing up the first shipment with Australia Post, I was told that much postal freight was carried on passenger flights and that many/most passenger flights to Oz were cancelled after April 2020, particularly from the country of origin in recent weeks. In addition, the parcel took over 2 weeks just to get from NSW to Victoria.

The second shipment was not posted for 3 weeks due to unavailability of PE for one kit, this not communicated to me because the small-scale bespoke manufacturer is under siege with all matters business (and probably personal challenges manifested by this retched WWPandemic).

As you likely know, Australia Post is having a tough time coping with the volumes of parcels during lockdown and C19 impacts on staff. So are courier contractors and mobs like Amazon (mention not the Beast of many heads and curly bits).

Despite all this, I've had an item arrive in only 16 days from OS in recent months, though the average is between 3 and 4 weeks.

I hope this helps for next time. I think patience and understanding, with self and others, is what is required just now... and lots of lovely modelling while we are stuck at home. Will keep an eye out for a thread or two as the ships your ordered take shape.

Cheers very much.

• Like 2