Looks like a new model company has emerged

Rafbanter

On 17/08/2021 at 11:04, Phas3e said:

Well it seems someone has their hands on a WNW Lancaster

https://www.facebook.com/modelscale/posts/220805916719481

Rumour says WNW Lancaster project is now under Great Wall Hobby (GWH), MENG or Minibase control. To be followed. 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=sinch.tw&set=a.614756366155671

They were several WnW projects on finals some being in the hands of designer Jason McAdam now member from the Kotare team like the 1/32nd Handley-Page O/100 et O/400.
https://www.facebook.com/ssbricker/posts/10156234099126406
https://www.facebook.com/closetmodeler/photos/a.2570115546345960/2570117363012445/?type=3&theater
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3204

lpk4iKr.jpg

HP.jpg

67451174-2570117366345778-67859349018886

There was also a 1/32nd Hansa-Brandenburg D.1 in development by WnW.
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3206&cat=5

D1.jpg

The two small pictures in the new Kotare homepage look in my opinion more like from a fabric aircraft than from a metallic one as the Avro Lancaster.
https://www.kotare-models.com/

KOT.png

To be followed

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Can we stick to the topic, rather than turning this into a long and dreary wish list thread please?

Whenever there’s a new kit announcement that’s a secret, everyone dusts off and trots out their own personal wish list, and then that runs the risk of people falling out over whose baseless speculation is the correct one :dull:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Can we stick to the topic, rather than turning this into a long and dreary wish list thread please?

Whenever there’s a new kit announcement that’s a secret, everyone dusts off and trots out their own personal wish list, and then that runs the risk of people falling out over whose baseless speculation is the correct one :dull:

Thanks Mike. :)

Steve.

7 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I think the comment referring to "bread & butter" issue is would they come out with something that has broad appeal.  Although these would most likely be previously kitted they would have a high sales potential provided they have an excellent product vs. and esoteric example of an aircraft never kitted previously.  My hope is they have an excellent product with should give them the confidence to come out initially with a "bread & butter" model that will allow them to stay in business long enough to produce some more esoteric aircraft in the long run.  There are just some aircraft that are needed to keep the lights on.

Thanks! There are still "bread & butter" gaps to be filled in 1/32, more than enough to earn good money and to ensure a long company life. In case of WWII: P-47 Razorback, P-38, Allison P-51s, Griffon Spits, Hurricane, 109 A,B,C,D,E,K, 110 G and others, perhaps.

They appear to be going for quality (accuracy and detail for experienced modelers) but with build simplicity to make the model(s) appeal to novices. Something akin to the latest buildability trend from Tamiya but entirely different subjects. I'm not so sure we'll see some of the original Wingnut Wings stuff coming from these folks.

Not my scale but I'm very happy for fans of the scale and era that a resurgence may happen. Being a little selfish it may generate interest in the subject such that others follow in other scales, there is plenty of potential an R.E.8 in 1/48 would be good as it was the reason the RAF was needed. Obviously there are plenty of 1/32 gaps yet to be filled so a good market you'd hope.

12 hours ago, Cammer625 said:

That second FB link looks like, maybe, possibly, someone assembling a kitset and doing instructions?? And looks good too!

And in the meantime this does provide an excellent reference for my pending 1/48 Lanc project. Much as I would have liked to, I've reconciled myself to the fact I was never realistically going to get the 1/32 kit (too big, too expensive for me) but I do really love admiring the quality of the designer's work on this (and 3 or 4 early WNW kits still in my stash...) -  inspirational. So I, for one, hope it makes into production somewhere; such craftsmanship deserves to be rewarded and I think it raises the bar for other manufacturers . I wonder if their future range will be exclusively 1/32?   

Rich

Edited by RichG
  • Like 1

WW2 models begging for models in 1/32 don't have to include the usual suspects , so how about 

Hurricane (All versions)

Blenheim

Beaufort

Beaufighter

Brigand 

Barracuda

Firebrand

Firefly

That should keep u going for a while

13 hours ago, Mike said:

Bears repeating, as almost everyone seems to be ignoring this post.

Paul.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

I wish this new company every success in their new venture. I see that several of the staff are ex-Wingnut Wings. Considering the disgusting way they were treated by their old management, they really deserve a run of good luck. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

PS: I REALLY hope they produce a Flokka-Plokka 9,000,003 "Model-K" (tongue most-definitely-in-cheek, here. Mike, please don't call me nasty names....). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

Hope they do a 1/32 Hurricane which isn’t multi media 

can’t believe we still only have the old Revell kit as the only injection moulded option 

Fly Models has kitted several versions of the Hurricane in 1/32.....

It will be very interesting to see how they progress with a new line of kits, whatever subjects they may choose to do. What with these and Beacon Models, it looks like Wingnut Wings quality will live on.

Ray

Good news is welcome in the modelling community. It’s encouraging that exWNW individuals who have such incredible talent, are not sitting around twiddling their thumbs. Happy 😊 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 1:45 PM, JamesP said:

Who on Earth though uses the word "kitsets"? 😕

It is a bit like the ponce that came up with the phrase "price point". Just another nonsensical buzzword they come up with to try to capture your attention. 

BM.