Looks like a new model company has emerged

Rafbanter

Kotare Models, from the former staff of Wingnut Wings (WnW).

Most all of the talent from Wingnut Wings has reconstituted itself into a new company.

Rumor has it that a WW2 subject is being developed. The former WnW Avro Lancaster project? That's THE question.

To be followed.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kotaremodels

238706851-5992539870817918-5758874108250

238749983-5992539914151247-6641260540972

237498414-5992540134151225-2980019986735
237586588-5992540410817864-6680038284699

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 13

It would indeed be interesting to see what designs made it out of WNW's offices, especially as any work, be it research, ideas or design, that was done there would rightfully belong to WNW. Intellectual Property rights being enforced the way that they are (except in China) and Mr Jackson being somewhat knowledgeable in their use and application, I'd imagine that a large team of lawyers are keeping a careful eye on what any new company containing ex-WNW employees produces.

I wish them well. Hopefully, we WON'T get a Lancaster, and if we do, I very much doubt that it will have much in common with the WNW version (unless an arrangement with PJ, or whoever owns the IP, has been made, of course). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ABeck said:

This very monger we are in allows for asking if a Bread&Butter project will be first or if the risk with highly  exotic subject is ahead of defloration.

Anyway, best wishes!

Eh?

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Phas3e said:

Well it seems someone has their hands on a WNW Lancaster

https://www.facebook.com/modelscale/posts/220805916719481

www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=614981062799868&set=pcb.614981772799797

Fan Cheng Pin from Taipeh has his hand on it. Worth watching his fb account (build of the coming GWH P-40 e.a.)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RHWinter said:

I hope for WW1 aircraft in 1/32th scale. Nothing else and nothing more. 

This has been asked directly of Richard Alexander, and he is maintaining  secrecy about what will appear, and when. Thread over on the WW1aircraftmodels site, titled 'Kotare Models'.

Paul.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rob G said:

It would indeed be interesting to see what designs made it out of WNW's offices, especially as any work, be it research, ideas or design, that was done there would rightfully belong to WNW. Intellectual Property rights being enforced the way that they are (except in China) and Mr Jackson being somewhat knowledgeable in their use and application, I'd imagine that a large team of lawyers are keeping a careful eye on what any new company containing ex-WNW employees produces.

I wish them well. Hopefully, we WON'T get a Lancaster, and if we do, I very much doubt that it will have much in common with the WNW version (unless an arrangement with PJ, or whoever owns the IP, has been made, of course). 

I understand Mr Jackson has a couple of 1/1 scale Lancaster kits lying around looking for a good home.

I think the comment referring to "bread & butter" issue is would they come out with something that has broad appeal.  Although these would most likely be previously kitted they would have a high sales potential provided they have an excellent product vs. and esoteric example of an aircraft never kitted previously.  My hope is they have an excellent product with should give them the confidence to come out initially with a "bread & butter" model that will allow them to stay in business long enough to produce some more esoteric aircraft in the long run.  There are just some aircraft that are needed to keep the lights on.

• Like 2

Might I suggest that instead of being sneaky beaky and'nicking' PJ's IP - perhaps a deal has been done for this new company to use it and for him to actually get a return on what would otherwise be dead data? Or perhaps they might licence the tools of the Lanc if MENG dont .... MENG have some high value kits in their range like the GT40 and if the WNW Tripe was successful enough for them to do a 1/24 version perhaps they might be tempted to issue the Lanc (which they may well have tooled up anyway?)

TT

• Like 1

I reckon the world needs a state of the art 1/32 Bf-109G. Any takers? Failing that, a Mark IX  Spit would probably fill a yawning hole in many modellers' collection. Or, of course, a P-51D... That hasn't been done for years... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Nope.  There are plenty of other companies doing those.  WNW made its reputation on First World War subjects...and exquisite quality.  What strangled them was Peter Jackson picking the subjects...which at the end were a succession of $250-$400 stash queens.  The Triplane (aka License to Print Money) should have had priority over just about anything else.  Follow it up with something like a Fokker D.VIII or Bristol Scout.  THEN you have the money to indulge in one of the big bruisers...followed by a couple of more money-makers.

• Like 2

I see they also use the term 'kitsits', which, in similar vein to the phrases 'price point' 'skill set' and 'colour way', pointlessly describe in two syllables what can be done with one. Hopefully the KITS will speak for themselves. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaotic Mike said:

I reckon the world needs a state of the art 1/32 Bf-109G. Any takers? Failing that, a Mark IX  Spit would probably fill a yawning hole in many modellers' collection. Or, of course, a P-51D... That hasn't been done for years... 

Careful! There will be many who agree with that. Too subtle for most I'm sure :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, HMSLion said:

Nope.  There are plenty of other companies doing those.  WNW made its reputation on First World War subjects...and exquisite quality.  What strangled them was Peter Jackson picking the subjects...which at the end were a succession of $250-$400 stash queens.  The Triplane (aka License to Print Money) should have had priority over just about anything else.  Follow it up with something like a Fokker D.VIII or Bristol Scout.  THEN you have the money to indulge in one of the big bruisers...followed by a couple of more money-makers.

Bristol Scout, DH.6, Be.2e, Martinsyde Elephant, Martinsyde Buzzard, Avro 504, AW FK.3, Be.12. Then intersperse those with maybe a Jenny or a Spad as moneymakers.

7 hours ago, RHWinter said:

I hope for WW1 aircraft in 1/32th scale. Nothing else and nothing more. 

A rather selfish attitude 😂

Glad to see all that talent at WNW is not going to waste and look forward to a BE2, Bristol Scout and Fairey Barracuda in due course 😊

Mike

• Like 4