1959 FC Holden in Armidale, 1/25 scale

thommo

Getting close to done.

Biggest issue now is the edge of the water.  Using tape as the barrier was not the best idea as it tended to get sucked inwards and bend out of shape as the Vallejo Still Water dried. It also has a small lip at the top which seems to resist easy trimming off with an exacto blade. Pondering if I bother trying to straighten things up with another more solid barrier & adding more still water or, perhaps sand & polish it.  Or just let sleeping dogs lie.

LRYZbb4l.jpg

KGw9e9Rl.jpg

UYti9iVl.jpg

x5FKyMol.jpg

Edited by thommo
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 06/10/2021 at 18:09, thommo said:

Base colours on.

The blue was a flat, the white a gloss.  Then glossed with SMS gloss which did not really work, so smoothed then glossed with Future, then polished with Tamiya plastic polish.

x2VsTTTl.jpg

Wonderful work mate! Just saw your RFI and chased it down here

Where abouts do we get future in Australia?? I must be called something else right?

Coles: nope, Bunnings: nope.

Also, a lot of your images are no longer visible I'm assuming from the image host service.

On 12/28/2021 at 11:39 AM, Cuppa_joe said:

Wonderful work mate! Just saw your RFI and chased it down here

Where abouts do we get future in Australia?? I must be called something else right?

Coles: nope, Bunnings: nope.

Also, a lot of your images are no longer visible I'm assuming from the image host service.

I got a bottle about 15yrs ago in a supermarket, it is called Pledge One Go.  Still have half a bottle left.

Yeah, I accidentally deleted many pics from my Imagur a/c.

• Like 1