Tamiya 1/72 General Dynamics F-16CJ Wild Weasel Viper

This is the excellent Tamiya 1/72 General Dynamics (now Lockheed Martin) F-16CJ "Viper" configured for the Wild Weasel mission. When the F-4G Wild Weasel aircraft were retired the USAF decided that rather have a dedicated an aircraft for that role they would allow the F-16 to be configured for accept the AN/ASQ-213 HARM (High-speed Anti-Radiation) Targeting System Pod and AGM-88  HARM missiles to perform that mission when needed.

This is the Tamiya F-16CJ kit with full equipment and in addition to the AN/ASQ-213 pod and AGM-88 missiles it also includes 2 AIM-120 AMRAAMs, 2 each of AIM-9M and AIM-9X missiles, an AN/AAQ-33 Sniper pod, and an AN/ALQ-184 ECM pod. So it is loaded for bear. The Tamiya kit is excellent in engineering and fit with most seams placed along panel lines and not needing filler. The only fit issue was the lower wing to fuselage joint. It also came with a complete set of decals for 3 aircraft. The decals worked very well. I also used the Eduard cockpit interior. I found pictures of F-16s sitting with both the air brakes open and closed, I also added the Eduard open speed brakes.

There is not much more to say, so here are the pictures:

c419Tug9_o.jpg

iahw8lKR_o.jpg

QSF2HbJN_o.jpg

OOxJnQ8I_o.jpg

GWc3AjyG_o.jpg

MN42c1s5_o.jpg

Next up is the Sword T-34C Turbo Mentor

Enjoy

• Like 15