Supacat Jackal / Coyote 1/48 scale

dambuster

I assume that in real life these two vehicles have the same size wheel/tyres and the Airfix kits would also have identically sized items. Would anyone who has  either built one or has one in their stash be able to give me the overall diameter and thickness of the wheel/tyre please? To the closest mm would be brilliant.

Thanks

Peter

There are aftermarket wheels available with the proper tread pattern from Gaso.Line https://www.promodels.eu/en/kit-gasoline-wheels-for-jackal-airfix-148-xml-352_355_375-855.html  I'm not sure I would trust the Airfix dimensions as they made such a monumental goof on the tread pattern.

In this comparison photo the Gaso.Line parts definitely have smaller wheel centres and larger profile tyres than the kit, but their wheel rims look too small to my eye

spacer.png

Tyres are Michelin 335/80R20s according to Supacat, so the wheel itself should be about 22" in diameter to allow for the rim bead on the 20" tyre inner diameter.  In 1/48 that is 11.6mm.  At 80% aspect ratio on 335mm width the tyre depth from rim to tread will be 268mm.  So overall diameter works out at about 1095mm, 22.8mm in 1/48.  Width should be 7mm.

Scaling from a Supacat dimensioned brochure GA drawing gives an overall tyre diameter of 1040mm with a wheel rim diameter of 565mm.  That's 21.6mm overall with a wheel rim of 11.75mm in 1/48.  The maths on the tyre size should be more accurate.