Nord 262 TAT - F-RSIN 1:144

I started this project in a Group Build of French aircraft in a German Flugzeugforum and today it is finished. The Nord 262 is a small commuter Aircraft which entered service in 1964. 

The kit is a typical Resin kit by F-RSIN with not much detail and some sanding and filling work required. Antennae, rudder levers and the typical pitot tubes had to be scratch built.

Two Decal versions are provided and as I found both of them attractive, I attached both. In reality these are TWO aircraft.

I hope you like this little french aircraft in service with a french airline. Thanks for watching!

Norbert

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 16

Hi Bertie,

they are pitot tubes and they are part of a system to feather the propellers in case of an engine failure. That's what I have heard....

Otherwise it doesn't make sense to get the speed directly behind the propellers.

cheers,

Norbert

1 hour ago, Red Dot said:

Very well finished Norbert, as I know what problems you had with the kit

Andy

Thank you Andy, by now I know that F-RSIN is not Zvezda or Tamiya....but they have a lot of interesting types nobody else is doing.

Lovely model Norbert, thanks for sharing.

F-RSIN's resin kits can be hit or miss. When they are good they are excellent - their resin ATR-72 was a better replica of the original than the current plastic version - but sometimes they are, ahem, "challenging". Their HP Hermes is one of the few kits I've abandoned as unbuildable, as opposed to ones I have messed up myself.

I have a Nord 262 in the stash and vague plans to build Dan Air's G-AYFR one day. Seeing how well yours has turned out I might just bump it up the queue ....

Dave G

• Thanks 1