New 1/48 Phantom screen and 1/72 Vulcan canopy and wipers

Ali62

Two new sets out today.

An alternative screen for the new Tamiya Phantom in 1/48 scale and a new Canopy and separate wipers for the Airfix Vulcan.

https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/mcdonnell-phantom-f-4b-alternate-front-screen-for-tamiya

https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/avro-vulcan-canopy-and-screen-wipers-for-the-new-airfix-kit

7739B9B9-50C4-47CD-A6D7-5EF7E3B20E22

9B7CB91A-D7FB-4330-8DC3-5BC7AC522EC1

• Like 7

In have just placed an order for a couple of each of these fine looking products, may I ask if you have any plans for any more improvement parts, especially the Vulcan as the engine exhausts are an area that could do with some improvement?

Looks great work, but without being cheeky, what was wrong with Tamiya's in box front screen please?

I just got my kit on Friday and thought it might be my first totally OOB build in years according to reviews :)

15 hours ago, One 48 said:

Looks great work, but without being cheeky, what was wrong with Tamiya's in box front screen please?

I just got my kit on Friday and thought it might be my first totally OOB build in years according to reviews :)

There is nothing wrong with the screen, however from a few PHANTOM PHENATICS I was informed and requested to remove the very small slivers of frame work that are on the side panels of the canopy as these were only present on only a FEW later aircraft, and that most B airframes did not have them.

Have a look at the link to the product and you will see. It is a fantastic kit so just enjoy it the way you want to, this is a very small detail change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...