Was a ‘Sundowner’… now a ‘Silver King’

Dansk

Hi Paul,

I really like the complexity you have achieved in the base coat. It is going to look great with the top coat. I also like AK Real Colors. Excellent to spray and maybe the best self levelling properties out there with their thinners. They're in competition with my preferred Gunze lacquers and MLT. 

Ray

• Like 2

23 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Really neat job on the pre-shading Paul, some great airbrush skills.

Thanks for the heads up with the tape, will give that set  a wide berth.

Cheers mate. 🙏

I’m going bonkers shading so I’m calling this a wrap on the fuselage. I’ll gloss coat seal it when its cured and then start on the black and metal bits.

51593631929_540c2982f8_b.jpg

This little fella has been started…

51593631914_f947ec3e2b_b.jpg

and I’ve started detailing the seats. This is an attempt to get that parachute cover texture happening.

51592148412_f9049beaf2_b.jpg

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Hi Paul,

I really like the complexity you have achieved in the base coat. It is going to look great with the top coat. I also like AK Real Colors. Excellent to spray and maybe the best self levelling properties out there with their thinners. They're in competition with my preferred Gunze lacquers and MLT. 

Ray

Thanks ray. I’m really impressed with them. Gunze laquers mixed with mlt i’ve never tried but after this I am very open to new laquer experiences

2 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Lovely work mate!

Thanks Dave 🙏👍

2 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

It's come a long way since I last dropped in. Well done.

Thank you Bertie. It took forever black basing the damn thing but I like the look of it.

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Just a small update today.

I tried to make some radome tan colour from this lot today…

51597363155_a8578eb035_b.jpg

So thats been applied.

I think it looks ok in the flesh.

51597363115_4d19837fb0_b.jpg

51597133914_a20530dfe8_b.jpg

i did some work on the sparrows today too. Next up, I plan to do the ‘black bits’

• Like 4

WOW Paul, she's looking amazing!!!!   I love the unevenness of the finish, looks perfect! :thumbsup:

I ned to do the same with both my F-4B and my F-14A, so will be back go over all your photos again.

Glad you like that AK Real Color paint, I absolutely love the stuff, it's my new fav after the MRP stuff, which is hard to get certain colours here. Their thinner is nice but that paint also thins perfectly with Tamiya's Yellow (ish) cap lacquer thinners as well.

You mightn't know this but AK also turn out Radome Tan in the Real Color range as well, I have a bottle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

WOW Paul, she's looking amazing!!!!   I love the unevenness of the finish, looks perfect! :thumbsup:

I ned to do the same with both my F-4B and my F-14A, so will be back go over all your photos again.

Glad you like that AK Real Color paint, I absolutely love the stuff, it's my new fav after the MRP stuff, which is hard to get certain colours here. Their thinner is nice but that paint also thins perfectly with Tamiya's Yellow (ish) cap lacquer thinners as well.

You mightn't know this but AK also turn out Radome Tan in the Real Color range as well, I have a bottle. 

Thanks Rich. 
I’ll definately be increasing my paint stash of AK in the future. Only 15 million gallons of tamiya stock to get through first.

Nice to know with the tamiya laquer thinner as I have that too. 👍