Was a ‘Sundowner’… now a ‘Silver King’ - ##finished##

Dansk

• Dansk changed the title to Was a ‘Sundowner’… now a ‘Silver King’ - ##finished##

Thanks so much guys. Craig @modelling minion that’s so nice of you mate. means a lot.👍😘

I’m a moron. I spent forever painting and chippinG and weathering a crew ladder and I forgot to photograph it 🤪

so here it is with the little ladder…

51686718346_68f1cc83b0_h.jpg

51686994138_c16dc3c0e0_h.jpg

51687400594_8c1ab1b6be_h.jpg

cheers guys. it’s over.

for scale..

51686718361_d3a533a2b5_h.jpg

• Like 6

It seems like you worked on that one forever, hitting all kinds of bumps in the road too. I wonder how you feel now it's done. I guess from all those posts about the Mitchell you are glad to be moving on. 

Anyway, it's come out so well that I lack the words to praise it. Phabulous doesn't come close. Well done, pal! and thanks for all the entertainment.

• Thanks 1

Wonderful work Paul, a delight to see it finished and a pleasure to follow. Only suggestion I can make is that can of Carlsberg is not showing your usual standard of weathering. I think a little more Titanium White is needed to highlight the green taper and possibly a heavier wash in the rim. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

It seems like you worked on that one forever, hitting all kinds of bumps in the road too. I wonder how you feel now it's done. I guess from all those posts about the Mitchell you are glad to be moving on. 

Anyway, it's come out so well that I lack the words to praise it. Phabulous doesn't come close. Well done, pal! and thanks for all the entertainment.

Thank you Bertie, yeah it was a long one, got a little tired at the end.

Nice to have you along for the ride 👍

24 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Wonderful work Paul, a delight to see it finished and a pleasure to follow. Only suggestion I can make is that can of Carlsberg is not showing your usual standard of weathering. I think a little more Titanium White is needed to highlight the green taper and possibly a heavier wash in the rim. 

Thanks Ray. Yeah the Carlsberg Can was difficult; hopefully it passes for realistic though if a little underweathered.🙃

Yeah, you need to crack that open, it's certainly deserved!

I've got no words for it as it's beyond phenomenal in my eyes.  Certainly not anything I'll be able to come close to any time soon.  :rofl2:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Never mind underweathered, it's unopened!!😆

I’m considering remedying that, although a trip to the gym is due beforehand this evening, hmmm

13 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Yeah, you need to crack that open, it's certainly deserved!

I've got no words for it as it's beyond phenomenal in my eyes.  Certainly not anything I'll be able to come close to any time soon.  :rofl2:

That’s so nice of you Chris and way too kind 🙏👍 

Just now, modelling minion said:

Whats a Gym? Is it Danish for model shop?😁

Haha. No it’s the name of our local Pub

nah, I’m on a fitness regime craig. I ran 16km last night too. It can’t be healthy all this.

1 hour ago, Retired Bob said:

That has a definite WOW factor Paul, an absolutely phabulous Phantom. :thumbsup:

Really nice of you Bob thanks so much 🙏 

1 minute ago, Johnson said:

Very Nice. :goodjob:

No, actually wonderful! Superb Build and finish. Cheers! :cheers:

Cheers charlie! 🍻