Bell P-39N-0 Airacobra (1942) (Zvezda 1:72)

Good afternoon to all visitors! I present to your attention, a model of one of the well-known pilots of the Great Patriotic War (16 GAIAP, August-September, 1944, the machine of G.A. Rechkalov) (ISBN 42547). The set has not shown any special problems at assembly, the docking is good. Puttying, sanding and trimming, minimum. Refinements: a little cabin interior, antenna, air intake, spigots, cannon and all machine guns. 
Paint and varnish by brush. Paints: GIS Mr.Color urethane-acrylic, PC88 and Tamiya acrylic, Tamiya varnish, +plain pencil.
Enjoy the view!

photo_1_1629054831.jpg photo_4_1629054831.jpg photo_7_1629054831.jpg photo_9_1629054831.jpg photo_13_1629054831.jpg photo_15_1629054831.jpg photo_18_1629054831.jpg photo_20_1629054831.jpg photo_22_1629054831.jpg

• Like 21

Excellent work!

It certainly racked up a lot of missions (if that's what all the stars mean), but looks like it was well maintained throughout.

Well done on a fine build.

:clap2::clap2:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kapam said:

Excellent work!

It certainly racked up a lot of missions (if that's what all the stars mean), but looks like it was well maintained throughout.

Well done on a fine build.

:clap2::clap2:

Star means an air to air victory not just the mission.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

She's a beauty.

What did you use for the antenna?

Bertie Psmith, Thank you!

0.10mm monofilament beading antenna cable. But, I haven't used such thread for a long time. It reacts very much to weather changes in temperature and humidity. Now I use spandex rubber. I use a scalpel to split it into fibres of the right thickness. I make antenna ropes and struts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MicTroy23 said:

Bertie Psmith, Thank you!

0.10mm monofilament beading antenna cable. But, I haven't used such thread for a long time. It reacts very much to weather changes in temperature and humidity. Now I use spandex rubber. I use a scalpel to split it into fibres of the right thickness. I make antenna ropes and struts.

I use monofilament fishing line. Available in different thicknesses, different colours and stays taut. You can tighten it with a hot object held near by.

3 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I use monofilament fishing line. Available in different thicknesses, different colours and stays taut. You can tighten it with a hot object held near by.

Everyone has their own methods and set of materials. )

• Like 1