1/6 scale resin Female Android EL-01

So today, I have dry fitted what I'm hoping will give my android a very android look, blue lights. I started of with one and added another and thought I was pushing my luck adding more but love the look it gives.

I went with the easy way out for the wires....🤭 made a plug....🤭 that is connected to a charger or upload terminal. This is all still very much wipe but you get the idea.

IMG-20210831-154901.jpg
IMG-20210831-155001.jpg
IMG-20210831-155254.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks for the comments. Did a bit more work on the face last night, after add some mucky brown type shadow I then went over that with a darker pink and the over that with some very light pink as highlight and to get a pail completion, not sure if I now need to add a bit of blush to the cheeks.

Collage-2021-09-02-09-03-44.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gamblor916 said:

Nice work. Really liking the description to get a nice skin tone.

Cheers, thank you.

I'm winging here so don't take what I do as correct, just going with what feels right.

I'm thinking of adding a thick layer of gloss and then finishing in matt/satin to try and get some translucencey to the skin.

Anybody try this before?

She's coming along very quite well I think.

The lighting adds a very nice effect too.

As far as translucent skin goes, I think I'd try that on something else before you tried it on her.

The skin tones you have look pretty good now and it would be easy to spoil.

When I do skin tones I tend to build up very thin layers of colour that show the previous layers through.

On the other hand, she IS a gynoid, how realistic would her skin really be?

Is she covered in meat or plastic is the question...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tzulscha said:

I think I'd try that on something else before you tried it on her.

Your probably right and an excuse to buy the new version 2.0 figures from the same people.

Slowly masking and painting the mech parts at the moment, the arms are nearly done just the finger nails to do, not something I have had to paint before.

IMG-20210902-172717.jpg
dav.jpg

• Like 8

Can understand any trepidation about making that skin look translucent with a clear layer, it looks fantastic and I'd be very paranoid doing that and yeah definitely a test first. 

Although you could just leave it as is, as a better human/machine contrast? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hunter Rose said:

Although you could just leave it as is, as a better human/machine contrast? 

Thinking about it I probably should had done a gloss coat with a very diluted skin colour in it then added the highlight on top of that, I will go have a play with sprues later but I think I will leave this one as it is for now.

Some more work done on this this morning. The big thing is I think I have finished the head, please let me know if you think it needs anything more?

And the upper body is just about done and I like the contrast of the skin and the gloss robot parts.

IMG-20210904-094132.jpg

IMG-20210904-095200.jpg

I quite like these picture showing the progress and what I did, might help me improve.

Collage-2021-09-04-09-46-09.jpg

• Like 9

That looks awesome Brian! Yes I would add the light dot if I were you, it makes a big difference. 

A tip i picked up when doing my spaceman sculpt was to use the tip of a cocktail stick dipped in white paint. So much easier and more accurate than a brush and you end up with a nice circular dot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking fabulous. Very nicely painted indeed. 

Does she need the light dot? She isn't Human after all, so would there be one? 

If she does, could it be yellow? That might just confirm the machine quality, I think.

It might be easier to adapt a picture first too see if it works, rather than spoil the model?

• Thanks 1

What a charming little face she has.

One minor addition, if I might suggest, is lashes on her lower eyelids.

Shorter and more subtle than the uppers and only about two thirds of the lid starting from the outer corner.

o-EYES-facebook-1024x512.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all so much for the interest and suggestions. I have added a white dot in the eye, @Pete in LincsI did try green and blue in photo shop but they looked a bit odd to me. @Tzulscha I have added lower lashes and have agree they look good.

Made a start on the base, this will be covered in very dark purple, I think will either look good or complet crap.

IMG-20210908-170236.jpg
coin games online

• Like 5