RAAF Rhino 304’s early days.

Morning everyone … I masked and sprayed the walkways tonight. Still need to get the ones towards the rear upper spine. But nothing that some careful masking cant get tomorrow. JVAtJTT.jpg

fY7YrvL.jpg

AA04eu3.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 9

Hello and good morning … I was able to do decals on both the Phantoms yesterday. This one went great the later version “G” not so much. aV3YoW0.jpg

KKkshzV.jpg

RL9fWOZ.jpg

s2kbd1f.jpg

I have to say other than the red compressor fan stripe and roundels. The 36 year old Fujimi decals (1985 kit) turned out quite good actually. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 8

5 hours ago, opus999 said:

Pretty simple set of markings on this one, but it looks great.  I really like the paint job you did too.  Did you use Tamiya paints or something else for the camo?

Yes Its all Tamiya mixes, for SEA Camouflage I go with these mixes. 

U.S.A.F. SEA # 1

Dark Green = XF81 RAF Dark Green + a few drops of XF 69 NATO black in 4:1 add a bit of white or yellow if wanting a very faded bird. 

Med Green = XF67 Nato Green  + a few drops of XF 1 or 3 to lighten if needed.

Tan = XF59 Desert Yellow, + XF55 Deck tan 1:1 mix If it feels dark add a little white. 

Lt Gray  =XF2 white + XF19 sky grey 5:1 mix

Walkways = XF69 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

This is great and a fabulous idea too.

If I truly had done it right, this should have International red stabs, wingtips, and vertical fin to be a QF-4G from 2001. I may do another early/late with a USN F-4B/QF-4N I like the idea of these early/late builds. Another option and its where I got my idea from, someone is doing a twin build of a USN F-4J/RAF F-4J. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

someone is doing a twin build of a USN F-4J/RAF F-4J. 

That's the pairing that immediately occurred to me when I saw your idea. I'm currently doing a Vulcan (XL391) at the period I worked on it which would be its mid-life crisis. I'm tempted to go to it's shiny debut and it's ignominious ending in a scrapyard. I've already posted all three photographs...

Nah, it's tooooo big.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That's the pairing that immediately occurred to me when I saw your idea. I'm currently doing a Vulcan (XL391) at the period I worked on it which would be its mid-life crisis. I'm tempted to go to it's shiny debut and it's ignominious ending in a scrapyard. I've already posted all three photographs...

Nah, it's tooooo big.

Check this out, you can do it with one model. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235100628-the-earlylate-before-and-after-build-or-beginning-and-end-build-not-sure-which-sounds-best/

• 3 weeks later...

Morning everyone … almost finished with these. I was able to get all the gear and pylons on tonight. oXSly2M.jpg

4NYIjRE.jpg

Just seat’s, canopies, and a couple antennas with this one. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Im still having back and neck spasms, but I wanted to close these out. 

Smb5s7V.jpg

3nzxs7g.jpg

s4epLjy.jpg

RFI Link

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235101856-69-304-an-f-4-phantoms-life-from-beginning-to-end/

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 8