Another Airfix 1/32 Beach Buggy.

Thanks Pete. The boards are just scrap evergreen/plastic sheet and some brush on bright colors. The buggy club is already here...

photo-th.jpg

Mainly AMT Meyers Manx in 1/24 but also 1/32 orange buggy, these two are yet to added to the club!

• Like 5

a nice collection of buggies there, i called into my lhs for some paint and found a big stack of airfix beach buggies now they have one less,

1970's airfix now that brings back memories can't wait to get started

Well done ijs302! What is your LHS., Hobbycraft? I go to the Milton Keynes shop as it is quite close.

Hi pat my local model shop is in Northampton and there is also a hobbycraft quite near to me but unfortunately they no longer stock airfix, well I couldn't wait and have started building it last night.     

Ian

14 hours ago, ijs302 said:

Hi pat my local model shop is in Northampton and there is also a hobbycraft quite near to me but unfortunately they no longer stock airfix, well I couldn't wait and have started building it last night.     

Ian

I've not been into the MK Hobbycraft lately as it is so busy with a lot of other stores alongside, parking and even queuing on the nearby dual carriageway is dangerous as it comes off a set of traffic lights near the MK centre. Plus the kits are normally overpriced especially Tamiya, glue and paints are in short supply.

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

What a cracking buggy collection Pat and great work on the two Bugles.  What was the Chenworth or rail kit? And do I see an Empi Imp there too???

The off reader looks good, well they all look good

Chris

Thanks Chris I am a buggy nut especially air-cooled ones as we had 5 VW Beetles in the family from a 1959 cabrio by Karmann upwards! The rail kit was by Scale Equipment in resin. Yes I've had a couple of EMPI Imps over the years too. Revell also do a 1/32nd VW Buggy kit as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PatW said:

Thanks Chris I am a buggy nut especially air-cooled ones as we had 5 VW Beetles in the family from a 1959 cabrio by Karmann upwards! The rail kit was by Scale Equipment in resin. Yes I've had a couple of EMPI Imps over the years too. Revell also do a 1/32nd VW Buggy kit as well.

Hi Pat

Nice , as you can see from my Avatar,  I am a VW fan , that's my current one and had a previous Fastback as well as 3 bugs and a bay window bus.  

The buggies look wonderful and the Imp is a very pretty buggy  the Manx is also a great looking buggy.  Would love either in my garage!!!

Chris

Hi pat 

Luckily the model shop in Northampton seems quite well stocked at the moment so I like to try and support it as they become less and less, I used to look after a few air cooled bugs in the past a friend had a quite quick 1303 that was modified, I loved my bay window camper but the price of them now is scary     

Ian 

I see on a search that there are a number of model shops in Nothampton. I remember going the one in Wellingborogh Road years ago and it's good to see it still there! There was one in the centre at MK as well as one in Kidlington Oxford, but they moved to an industrial estate and now only do RC stuff. Of course there is Models for Sale in Raunds but that I see is temporarily closed. 

There used to be quite a few in Northampton does anyone remember Roy Douglas models in castilion street or am I showing my age, but only the one in Wellingborough Road now, models for sale is still trading i spoke to them about two weeks ago 

Love your latest black buggy build and the fact that you’ve built an entire “collection” -impressive and very cool!

A childhood friend built a Manx during our high school years (late 60’s) on a very small budget (<$1000 USD?) using a junked VW, he gave me a ride to school in it one day, what a blast!

Forgive me if this is an old subject here but has anyone ever kit-bashed the Steve McQueen Thomas Crown Affair version? 
spacer.png

spacer.png

The story behind this Corvair powered car is fascinating reading and I read it just sold in auction for close to $1/2 mil! If you haven’t already done it, this one would look great in your collection.

I wish I could nearsightedjohn, but it's a special body shell. Parts of it remind me of the Meyers Manx but the sides are built out from the original. OK well it only needs some plasticard and filler to extend the sides, cut down the original windscreen or use thin clear plastic packaging that's more flexible. Hold on I'm talking myself into this. I just wish the AMT Meyers Manx kits were available here in the UK for under £40-£50!

• Like 2