The T’riffic Tale has Ended.

5 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Sorry, should have also said something nice about the model :blush:, super smooth finish with thoughtful wear and tear added, it looks wonderful 👍

Ha, I never noticed. Who cares about the model now it's done anyway? Onto the next one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks Bertie, a really excellent read! And very useful to me as I'm just getting going on the 1/72 Hobby 2000 F-4C, a reboxed Hasegawa (and thanks @Gene K for the seamless intake tips which I'll see if I can use).

Oh, and Phantasic Phantoms Bertie (nearly forgot to say! :D). Wonderful weathering too which I've noted for reference.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2021 at 12:45 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

There was no provision for canopy hinging in the kit and it was well worth improvising something rather than just sticking the pieces edge to edge.

But I just noticed I forgot the flamin' hydraulic rams. Grrrrr!

On 9/14/2021 at 3:32 PM, arfa1983 said:

You have time to build another one though! 

Not before the end of the GB. I’m committed to the French Fancy AND Nordic GBs as well as a WIP of my own in the Armour section. Three simultaneous and reported builds are as much as I wish to manage. Or could!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ghostbase said:

Wow! Bertie, you have taken the old ESCI kit to a whole new level. 😎 Superb!

Michael

Thank you, Michael.

It came out a lot better than last time I tried, and failed to finish it. However, you must remember that I didn't make a point of photographing the bits that weren't up to par. :rofl:

• Haha 1