Peugeot 205 EV 2 +++FINISHED+++

Redstaff

Well as I'm away from work on holiday for a week I thought  it's about time I throw my hat in the ring for this group build before the hosts start sending threatening emails 😮 

I always loved the rally cars from my youth and added this to the stash a few years ago. I've also got the Tamiya version, but this one has only got 41 pieces, so shouldn't be an issue time wise. I've never built a Heller kit before, so what's the worse that can happen 🤔

It's going to be OOB and I might even try the Tamiya laquer paint I've got to see if it's as good as everyone says 

Couple of pics before I cut stuff off the sprues and start priming :) 

Ian :) 

20210814_153914_resized

20210814_154036_resized

• Like 12

Great to have you and the 205 in the GB Ian.

First Heller kit ?

Well as the recent Heller GB was so successful I'm amazed we didn't manage to get you involved with that one.

Best of luck with this one.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

First Heller kit ?

Well as the recent Heller GB was so successful I'm amazed we didn't manage to get you involved with that one.

Best of luck with this one.

Hi Pat

Yes it's my first Heller kit, surprisingly as I've been modelling on and off for 50 odd years. My early years were Matchbox and Airfix mainly.

This kit was too new for the Heller GB, I did try 😁

• Haha 1

Well

To say this kit is basic is one of the understatements of the year

Are all Heller kits like this, or am I just lucky 🤣

I was going to put a bit of extra detail in, but the kit is that basic I wouldn't have enough time and it going to be a kerbside build with nothing opening

I really don't think I'll ever get another Heller kit if they're all like this

At least it'll fill a gap in the rally shelf of the cabinet

20210819_135034_resized 20210819_135108_resized

• Like 6

Managed to get a bit more paint laid down this morning before work, the white is Halfords gloss white out of a can as I didn't want to waste the Tamiya laquer paint on this kit

Also a couple of inspirational pics from the historic rally festival at Weston park Sunday

Took me a while to download from the camera as I couldn't remember where I had put the lead 🤔 then daughter said, "why don't you just plug the SD card in"  Doh....

20210826_105611_resized IMG_2857 IMG_2784

• Like 5

On 15/08/2021 at 11:29, Redstaff said:

This kit was too new for the Heller GB, I did try

Yes it was just ineligible for that GB but I'm glad you've brought it to this one.

I used to have a 205 although mine was a diesel, used to go like the clappers though, it was a big lump in a small car!

You're making good progress with it, good luck.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

I remember these group b monsters making a very loud noise and going round sutton park incredibly fast  in the rac rally in the early 80s 

I used to go to the Sutton park stages in the early 80s as well, I was a Lucas apprentice and it would have been rude to turn down free passes 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redstaff said:

I used to go to the Sutton park stages in the early 80s as well, I was a Lucas apprentice and it would have been rude to turn down free passes 😁

Superb days those,i went often , the Lucas lights were good but i remember buying a set of kc daylighters for my  talbot sunbeam and they really were like daylight

• Like 1

• Redstaff changed the title to Peugeot 205 EV 2 +++FINISHED+++

Calling this one done, not my best effort as I lost my mojo with it as the kit was so poor, I just wanted to get to the end

It looks good with 20/20 vision, ie driving past at 20 MPH 20 yards away 🤣

It's filled a gap of the group B monsters in my display

Talking of gaps, the fit of the kit was appalling, the doors in particular, they didn't even include any clear windows for them, they are meant to be displayed open, but the interior is that poor there's nothing to see. Only decent part was the decals, which went down well even in record time as I wanted it off the bench. You know the kit is basic when you have more decals than parts 🤣

It was my first Heller kit and if they're all like this it will be my last

Quick pic below, will post more to the gallery when I get chance.

Time to pick something to get my mojo back now :) 

20210905_200551_resized

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well done sir, always loved rally cars which makes me odd here in the states. 

Imho rally drivers have more skill than any other professional sports drivers, F1 may be faster along with many others, but 100mph sideways on gravel in the dark with trees either side is a different kind of special 😁

The group B cars of the 80s were a different sort of animal never to be seen again and respect to the drivers that tried to tame them 😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Redstaff said:

Imho rally drivers have more skill than any other professional sports drivers, F1 may be faster along with many others, but 100mph sideways on gravel in the dark with trees either side is a different kind of special 😁

The group B cars of the 80s were a different sort of animal never to be seen again and respect to the drivers that tried to tame them 😁

The fans are also more insane than in any other sport. Who else stands on a road with a rally car screaming at them going 100+ mph and dives out of the way with just feet to spare. Doing this all in the name of seeing or photographing a car ? 

• Haha 1

Aah the good old days,  being peppered with gravel in a Welsh forest in the middle of the night with a piece of rope to protect you from a Quattro hurtling past flat out 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Aah the good old days,  being peppered with gravel in a Welsh forest in the middle of the night with a piece of rope to protect you from a Quattro hurtling past flat out 😁

Hello

From my point of view Quattro with Walter Röhrl and Michèle Mouton were fantastic on the mountain roads of the Rallye Monte Carlo 1982/1983.

In the summer of 1983 I followed also the Tour Auto and the San Remo rallyes in the Alps. What a fantastic car was the Lancia 037 !

And your build is nice.

Patrick

• Thanks 1