Listen for the engine, Listen for the bell, As the last fire-truck from hell, Goes rollin' by - GasPatch Models 1/48 Me163B Komet

6 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

I will admit I had to crack open the Tardis piggy bank

To ask the obvious question, is it bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? It sounds like the opposite of my bank account which always seems to contain less money than I think it should. 

Craig. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

I was gonna say  I haven't seen cash for a year and a half now, I wouldn't be able to use a coin as we have a new sofa so nothing has dropped down the back yet!!!

Great work on the teeny tiny details Alistair,  looks good.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Cheers,

Alistair

7 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

To ask the obvious question, is it bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? It sounds like the opposite of my bank account which always seems to contain less money than I think it should. 

Craig. 

It certainly is much bigger on the inside but there is always less in there than I think there should be. 

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

I have just got the Gaspatch kit, looks much better than the old Trimaster one, there is always the red one of Major Wolfgang Spate. :hmmm:

A blast from the past. 
spacer.png

I was out on Sunday at the Stoke model show, all of our modern tech didn’t work, so,🪙 was king.     …….. And another thing, you’ll still need a bin lid for that shopping trolleywhen shopping at MnS. 😄

😉

• Haha 3

Not meaning to hijack the thread…

Here’s my go at the Dragon (Trimaster) Komet. This was built when the kit first came out, which makes it about 30-yrs old. Time has not been kind to it! I thought it was a great kit then, but the new Gaspatch one (I have one in my stash) knocks its socks off.

50178465501_9cc7b822d1_b.jpg

• Like 5

Starting to look really nice mate. The cockpit detail is exquisite. I gave in by the way and ordered one plus the detailing set. Probably another model I’ll never get round to making!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, petetasker said:

Starting to look really nice mate. The cockpit detail is exquisite. I gave in by the way and ordered one plus the detailing set. Probably another model I’ll never get round to making!

Thanks for that.

Glad you've picked one up and I'll admit if I'd put it in the stash for later it would have been years before I got the guts up to do it after seeing all the tiny detailing parts.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

I'll admit if I'd put it in the stash for later it would have been years before I got the guts up to do it after seeing all the tiny detailing parts.

Oh no! Don’t say that out loud! Now it’s gonna be years before I start mine (if ever), and I really need to replace my old Dragon Komet. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, billn53 said:

Oh no! Don’t say that out loud! Now it’s gonna be years before I start mine (if ever), and I really need to replace my old Dragon Komet. 

Ah but I'm a big fan of looking at something then planning how I can get it together as easily as possible.

You know a coward. :innocent:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

Alistair,

I trust that you realise that by continuing to produce work of this calibre, you risk dangerously depleting the world’s precious store of superlatives. I urge you to lower your standards and add in a few gluey thumb prints and gaping seams immediately in order that this crisis may yet be averted. You know it makes sense. 

Craig. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Alistair,

I trust that you realise that by continuing to produce work of this calibre, you risk dangerously depleting the world’s precious store of superlatives. I urge you to lower your standards and add in a few gluey thumb prints and gaping seams immediately in order that this crisis may yet be averted. You know it makes sense. 

Craig. 

Oh that's coming I assure you.

I will stuff something major up along the way.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

Some small bit and pieces prepped for priming and painting tomorrow.

As you will see they have been photographed with the obligatory Dandie or shilling in real money.

8V5DZ2A.jpg

4iFwLle.jpg

A wee bit of seam work required on the next one.

tzxXJ2w.jpg

JN9clfi.jpg

The resin exhaust

NfxAvVC.jpg

And finally the landing skid. This is where the detail set came into its own as the complete extended one was one piece rather than seven small and fragile plastic pieces.

KHJuaEk.jpg

That will do for tonight as my eyes are birling trying to keep focused on wee things.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Astounding. The minesculeness of the bits is astounding, as is your ability to locate them accurately. You’ll be carving a joystick out of a grain of rice next.  

Craig. 

The fit of this kit is that good though Craig.

Everything has a locating point that makes it easier.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

I painted the yellow on the landing skid this morning.

dUipjMR.jpg

3P4SeUC.jpg

Now waitng for that to dry and I'll mask off and give the mechanical bits on it a spritz of RLM 76.

So while I was waiting.........

This happened.

jpUvnoR.jpg

ISAorsG.jpg

EH19Ekr.jpg

By9NWoS.jpg

YldIXy3.jpg

And of course I couldn't resist.

zZad3IZ.jpg

EfrinSS.jpg

gbbrwGN.jpg

lUy6lUs.jpg

The instructions call for the landing skid to be fitted before the fuselage is closed up but once the RLM 76 is dry I'll see if it can be fitted afterward as this will make painting a bit easier.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 7

RLM 76 on the landing skid.

wgqtmC0.jpg

It also can be fitted after the fuselage is closed up and so.

NXgT1xq.jpg

dpMlIFE.jpg

wZQlK7r.jpg

bQU5rJE.jpg

On Monday night I went to check on the paints for this and realised I needed some more RAF Yellow and didn't have any RLM 81.

So the paints were ordered and thanks to those magnificent people at Sovereign Hobbies these arrived today.

Il9TA0I.jpg

So a huge thanks to @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies for their fantastic service.

That'll be it for a while I'm back at work tomorrow for 4 days.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Great work Alistair you are piling through this and the gorgeous Hunter.  That is a tiny model, not surprised your eyes hurt.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Here I was thinking that a 1/48 kit would cause a little less peering through optivisors but there you go. :nerdy:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Hi Alistair 

Don’t want to steer the thread off topic but I’ve not come across the colourcoats paints before. Are they any better than the Humbrol or Xtracolor enamels?

• Like 1