Listen for the engine, Listen for the bell, As the last fire-truck from hell, Goes rollin' by - GasPatch Models 1/48 Me163B Komet

1 minute ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Ooh yes! The Komet has always been a favourite of mine, not least because of Winkle Brown’s association with it and the kit looks great as well.  I’m definitely in the front row for this one!

Craig. 

Welcome Craig,

I must be honest it is the association with Winkle Brown and his Komet at East Fortune that sparked my interest.

I have the 1/72 Heller kit as well but intend doing that as the East Fortune example

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Great choice!! I'm completely with you on the RAF "P" scheme.......on my ever lengthening to-do list.

Even in 1/48 scale, I bet it's a small build.

Looking forward to following another build Alistair. All the good people are prayin` .......er.......that she'll turn out as good as your other builds.

Sprue shots look very encouraging  - love the figure suitably dressed in protective overalls.

Q

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Quack said:

Great choice!! I'm completely with you on the RAF "P" scheme.......on my ever lengthening to-do list.

Even in 1/48 scale, I bet it's a small build.

Looking forward to following another build Alistair. All the good people are prayin` .......er.......that she'll turn out as good as your other builds.

Sprue shots look very encouraging  - love the figure suitably dressed in protective overalls.

Q

Thanks Q,

It is still quite a small build in 1/48.

Looking forward to it myself.

Cheers,

Alistair

Nice one Alistair. Ill tag along as well as I can't quite decide whether to buy one or not. WW2's not my thing but the 163 fascinates me. Is the additional detailing set a must buy? Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Taking notes from the cheap seats; love the Winkle connection, too! (Now that would be a super GB or collection category- all of the aircraft that the great Winkle Brown flew! You'd need a hangar to house them all.) I built the Hasegawa 1/32 kit as a review model for the old Replica in Scale magazine back in the 70's and it was a PIG! The GP kit looks a lot nicer. I really like the scheme you have chosen, too. Be sure to apply stains to the backside of those protective coveralls! :giggle:

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Taking notes from the cheap seats; love the Winkle connection, too! (Now that would be a super GB or collection category- all of the aircraft that the great Winkle Brown flew! You'd need a hangar to house them all.) 

Quite agree 100%
Hmmn. Got me thinking - as it’s Britmodeller propose a “Great British Test Pilots” GB. There are a few 

Winkle obviously but Neville Duke, Geoffrey DeHavilland, Roland Beaumont and many many others

Great choice of Komet though and following with interest 

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Just had a look at this kit on Hannants (must not add to stash, must not...). Did you bother with all the added detail sets? Put together they seem to cost as much as the kit!

Craig. 

I just added the detail kit it's the 2nd last picture in the intro.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petetasker said:

Nice one Alistair. Ill tag along as well as I can't quite decide whether to buy one or not. WW2's not my thing but the 163 fascinates me. Is the additional detailing set a must buy? Thanks in advance

It's not a must buy but it does add a lot of nice bits and pieces and also saves on cutting some very fragile bits off the sprues. The kit detail is fairly stunning.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JohnT said:

and many many others

Not to mention Jeffrey Quill, O.E. "Pat" Tibbs, and Mutt Summers, to add a few more! (Why is it I can remember more test/factory pilot's names from the UK than I can from the USA?)

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Will tag along Alistair especially as those horrible crosses and Swastikas are not going to be on it.   Great choice for the markings

Chris

Glad to have you here Chris.

The scheme is the most unusual and interesting and thanks to your sterling efforts the Yellow doesn't frighten the living daylights out of me any more. :fingerscrossed:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Taking notes from the cheap seats; love the Winkle connection, too! (Now that would be a super GB or collection category- all of the aircraft that the great Winkle Brown flew! You'd need a hangar to house them all.) I built the Hasegawa 1/32 kit as a review model for the old Replica in Scale magazine back in the 70's and it was a PIG! The GP kit looks a lot nicer. I really like the scheme you have chosen, too. Be sure to apply stains to the backside of those protective coveralls! :giggle:

Mike

Do you think I can get a stock colour for those stains or will I need to mix it. :rofl:

Thanks for tagging along.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Quite agree 100%
Hmmn. Got me thinking - as it’s Britmodeller propose a “Great British Test Pilots” GB. There are a few 

Winkle obviously but Neville Duke, Geoffrey DeHavilland, Roland Beaumont and many many others

Great choice of Komet though and following with interest 

John

Thanks for being here,

I agree about the GB we'd need a lot of space but there would be a lot of choice.

Cheers,

Alistair

3 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I can imagine you humming "The man in me will do nearly any task" as you total up the cost of the extras and consider getting a mortgage for this rocket.

A Rocket Mortgage, even.

Sshhhh.. Don't mention the cost. Someone will hear.  ;)

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Do you think I can get a stock colour for those stains or will I need to mix it. 

RLM number 2? (I know- I'm one sick puppy!) :giggle: I'll be here all week- be sure to tip your waitperson!

Mike

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

RLM number 2? (I know- I'm one sick puppy!) :giggle: I'll be here all week- be sure to tip your waitperson!

Mike

Probably have to mix that with a splash of RLM number 1.  :whistle:

• Haha 2