Panzer IV Ausf F2 - Border Model 1/35

Dear comrades...

This is the second tank I build.In this case this is the Border Model 1/35 Panzer IV Ausf F2, with a lot of goodies:

• Friulmodel tracks
  • Aber metal barrel
  • Voyager Model detail sets

This is my first heavy weathered tank, so I'm not very convinced in some areas, but I'm relatively happy in overall 😉.

This is a full album hosted in Flickr:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWqb8do

biG0YlT.jpeg
kFiqZIl.jpeg

gzSDUqv.jpeg

VDHLU2G.jpeg

NDMmExR.jpeg

X1bcItI.jpeg

JpPGhVH.jpeg
XLdBex1.jpeg
mHW05O6.jpeg
sAv6VI4.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

I think it looks great, plenty to look at all over and I think that of all the environments the desert would produce some of the strongest weathering. I do think the tracks look a little loose and you could afford to take one or two links out. 

• Like 1

Hi Davilovick,

The model looks very nice, I remember having made one the same, but one from Italeri, in my other stage as a modeler, and then having repeated when I returned to the hobby many years later, with another one just like I had in my stash, and there I already tried the new techniques and materials (at least some), which existed, giving a result similar to yours (although inferior).
I was not very satisfied with the result, and in the end I ended up in the spare parts box ...
At least it served to learn what to do and what not to do ...
I don't know which parts you mean that you are not completely satisfied with, but it is a great weathering job, in all aspects, very rich in nuances in any part you observe.
Perhaps the wear is a bit excessive, although that is also subjective ...
If you have taken photos of the first model, I would like to see what it was ...
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Like 1

Thanks,

1 hour ago, GRK said:

I think it looks great, plenty to look at all over and I think that of all the environments the desert would produce some of the strongest weathering. I do think the tracks look a little loose and you could afford to take one or two links out. 

You are right with the traks, maybe one links would be sufficient

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

I don't know which parts you mean that you are not completely satisfied with, but it is a great weathering job, in all aspects, very rich in nuances in any part you observe.
Perhaps the wear is a bit excessive, although that is also subjective ...
If you have taken photos of the first model, I would like to see what it was ...👍

Thanks Francis, In general, the weathering of the lower hull is a little bit messy, and the paint details are thicker than I've managed in the turret. Maybe we use too much mud in the lower parts
In the other hand, this is my first AFV (I've previously made several aircrafts :))

• Like 1

Atank that battered should have slack tracks. It's perfect as it is. Maybe the weathering is 'unrealistic' but I think it's wonderful and tells the story of the desert war, with all its racing backwards and forwards across North Africa, in a single vehicle. Absolutely love this model.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

The weathering is really very good, the tank actually looks like its been in the desert!!

My thoughts too. If it had been in the N.African dessert for any length of time, then the winds and the sand would have played havoc with the paintwork. And the track were often seen in  very slack condition. For only your second tank, I think that you've done a great job on it. Nice work.

John.

• Like 1

Excellent work! Love the weathering. The desert is an incredibly harsh environment so don’t worry about ‘too much’. 
The tracks are a bit loose and moving at speed it may throw a track - but, hey, it happened!

Lovely work. I’d be proud of it if it were mine.

• Like 1

Brilliant!

What's not to like?

Love the subtle and restrained weathering, tracks a little slack (as have been commented on), otherwise perfect!

Loads of visual interest, one to be really proud of!

Only suggestions; the bare metal on the tools isn't just right and perhaps a figure or two....

(Tools,  often the vehicle colour and the handles of the wire cutters would have been a reddish brown colour, some sort of compressed paper I recall).

If this is only your second tank what would you usually build?

Thanks for posting 

Darryl 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Only suggestions; the bare metal on the tools isn't just right and perhaps a figure or two....

Thanks!
Yes, all metal tools are poor finished XD, I was a little hurry to finish and I didn't take care in some areas :)

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

If this is only your second tank what would you usually build?

Previously of tanks, I made 6 aircrafts (Spitfire, Dauntless, Phantom, F-15, F-18 and finally, Avro Lancaster) :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davilovick said:

Previously of tanks, I made 6 aircrafts (Spitfire, Dauntless, Phantom, F-15, F-18 and finally, Avro Lancaster) :)

With the quality and style of weathering didn't know if you had a sci-fi or GW type background. 

Be great to see more work!

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 1