1/72 - Bell UH-1Y Venom by DreamModel - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Bell UH-1Y Venom by DreamModel - box art - release in 2021

Very Tasty Treat That - will have to appropriate funds from the budget, am still running behind with acquisition of the Zulu model, only wish some more operators had the type with some exotic schemes as the USMC greys are not that appealing, wot will the Czech jobbies look like? 

8 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

Very Tasty Treat That - will have to appropriate funds from the budget, am still running behind with acquisition of the Zulu model, only wish some more operators had the type with some exotic schemes as the USMC greys are not that appealing, wot will the Czech jobbies look like? 

Have a look e,g. here http://czechairforce.com/news/ceske-vrtulniky-venom-a-viper-ziskaji-atraktivni-kamuflazni-schema/

• Like 3

Thank you Patrik - that is an outstanding camo and extremely appealing!  

Most impressed with the Czech kit - dobře česky

I would like to see Dream Model include an Intrepid Tiger pod / fit out as an option in the kit - as it looks very menacing almost like a ruddy exocet missile...

spacer.png

Also noticed the Dream Model Artist for the Box Art has "borrowed" the use of the following image - for lack of a better word the "inspiration" for the box art - or is this just a flyer promo for their facebook page as they typically like to give a side profile depiction on their box art...? This would make a cracking "spot the difference" quiz!

spacer.png

What do think chaps is this a perfect match or what?  Mind you I am not complaining... Spot the difference - there are some differences if you look closely !

spacer.png

Edited by Uncle Dick
  • Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Bell UH-1Y Venom by DreamModel - box art+test build - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Bell UH-1Y Venom by DreamModel - box art+test build+decals+PE - release in 2021
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Bell UH-1Y Venom by DreamModel - box art+test build+decals+PE+schemes - release in 2021
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Bell UH-1Y Venom by DreamModel - released
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just done a detailed review of the sprues against a walkround I did at Farnborough 2010.

Very good representation of a lot of surface detail - SFB entirely satisfactory.

My comments are at the AMS level, with the opportunity to add the following detail at thin wire level.

• Side braces on cable cutters
  • Cargo hooks around gear struts
  • Handles around top edges of windscreen
  • Refine chamfer on front turret support 
  • Missing intake on port side of rotor pylon
  • Connection wire to rear of IR turret
  • Tail rotor actuators
  • Filing out the trunnions on the supports for the skids - or replace with brass.
  • Some very small aerials to add underneath 

The interior is light gray on the forward doors and screen above sill height, otherwise black

• 9 months later...

Crikey - just realised you cannot build the sliding cabin doors in the open position on this kit, unlesss you go into scratch build.

They give you all this detail for interior of the cab and then dont let you show it off ... and I like building doors open on Hueys.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1