Matilda Mk. 1 3D Print

Hello

I picked up a few 3D printed models to fill gaps in the line up of the plastic manufacturers in 1/72. I have to say the latest ones done using the resin bath type printer are a lot better than the extruded blob type prints. (technical terms). I've given up largely on an Valentine Archer I bought previously. However this Matilda Mk.1 is a fair bit better, shame about the lack of track sag but the rest is good. Its from a company calling themselves Battlefield3D, so I guess these are wargaming pieces but not much options in 1/72.

There was virtually no clean up required, no casting gates or anything to mess with. I havent painted much recently so it was good to batter this out quickly.

My usual Vallejo paints with various washes and some pigments.

PXL_20210812_222656312.jpg

PXL_20210812_222628241.jpg

PXL_20210812_222613673.jpg

PXL_20210812_222555442.jpg

PXL_20210812_222709768.jpg

Cheers and thanks for looking

• Like 11

Thanks

3D printing is getting better quickly, all cutting edge stuff. I've been tempted to buy one of the newer ones however it will probably be left behind in a year or two the way things are going. It was only two pieces the turret and everything else. I suspect it could be printed in one but then you wouldn't have the rotating turret.

I also bought a Ho-Ni 1 from the same supplier, which I'd actually say looks better, will post it once I actually work out the colour scheme and paints for it.