Hello everyone

Steve Wall

At 62 I'm getting back into model building and am coming to the end of building an Airfix Bentley blower 1/12th scale. I've not been great at keeping a photo catalogue of the build but after having built the same model 45 years ago I seem to be doing a far better job now and have found that following the builds of the same model on this site has been invaluable. Really looking forward to the next one.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Steve Wall said:

At 62 I'm getting back into model building and am coming to the end of building an Airfix Bentley blower 1/12th scale. I've not been great at keeping a photo catalogue of the build but after having built the same model 45 years ago I seem to be doing a far better job now and have found that following the builds of the same model on this site has been invaluable. Really looking forward to the next one.

Welcome Steve. Been at this game off and on again over the last half century or so. Mostly in 1/48th scale aircraft but have in my younger youth did a car or two. Currently have a 1:1 scale 57 Chevrolet 2dr 210 sedan. This has been an on going project since I bought it in 1970. Military career and family have pushed it way back of the work list.

So welcome, this is a great place as you know.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

26 minutes ago, Steve Wall said:

..but after having built the same model 45 years ago I seem to be doing a far better job now...

I think many of us can relate to that. One of the few benefits of getting old(er). 😀

Welcome Steve!

My wife years ago bought a digital camera for me. Wasn't too expensive at the time. It was half the size of my 35mm film camera and definitely cheaper. Used it for years until I wore the on off switch out. She then bought my latest a Canon Rebel T5 and have but 20+ thousand photos through it. I bought a flickr pro account a few years ago to store those photos I share on Britmodeller.

Before digital I would scan photos and send them through an account I had with photobucket. No rhyme or reason they block my account for being over limit. No advance notice but is closed finally. Tons of sharing sites out there.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

16 hours ago, Steve Wall said:

At 62 I'm getting back into model building

Gidday Steve, welcome aboard. It's good to see some of you youngsters joining up (😁 I'm 64). I'm into model ships myself, mainly 1/600 scale, been doing it continually now for about 25 years. 

Like Ron above I use a digital camera (in my case a Nikon coolpix - it's Jeffproof), and use Flikr. My account with Flikr is free but limited to 1000 photos, so I store all mine on my laptop and only place on Flikr those I'm going to post on the forum. HTH.    Regards, Jeff.

Welcome aboard Steve. There are some useful items in FAQs, but the bare bones of it are first of all, you can't post your photos directly from your computer. You must use a hosting site such as Flikr, or the one that I use, Village Photos. The other thing to remember is you will probably need to resize them, as this site has an upper limit for posting photos. When I resize my photos after uploading them from my camera (I use a Lumix 120), I take them down to 20% of the original, which gives a size approximately 900 x 600, and that's well within the limits. Iff you need anymore help, just ask, and someone will step up.

John.

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Welcome aboard Steve. There are some useful items in FAQs, but the bare bones of it are first of all, you can't post your photos directly from your computer. You must use a hosting site such as Flikr, or the one that I use, Village Photos. The other thing to remember is you will probably need to resize them, as this site has an upper limit for posting photos. When I resize my photos after uploading them from my camera (I use a Lumix 120), I take them down to 20% of the original, which gives a size approximately 900 x 600, and that's well within the limits. Iff you need anymore help, just ask, and someone will step up.

John.

One of the things I like about Flickr is it gives you options on the size of the image you can post.

Smallest size: 100x50

51366010103_7009a52dfe_t.jpg

The largest I can post on this forum: 1024x509

51366010103_7009a52dfe_b.jpg

Chris