GWH 1/72 F-15C Eagle

Evening all,

Fresh off the bench and wrapping up my 48FW Theme build is the stunning GWH 1/72 F-15C Eagle. Perhaps even nicer then their F-15E I started this project with, the fit and detail is incredible, with just a touch of filling and sanding required here and there. Decals were mostly courtesy of Caracal with a few of the kit decals used here and there. I also added Eduard Brassin AIM-120Cs, omitting the fins for training rounds, and a 3D printed ACMI pod by Transport Wings, to replicate a typical training loadout as carried by this jet when I visited Lakenheath last Autumn. Painted as always using Hataka Orange Line- very impressed with their colour matches for the Mod Eagle scheme- with Alclad used on the exhaust areas. Unusually for me, I'm actually very pleased with the final result!

51375157715_01feb67531_o.jpgGWH 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

51374382418_22ac3d3087_o.jpgGWH 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

51374382383_9ae6dd4baf_o.jpgGWH 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

51373391432_e400c40b19_o.jpgGWH 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

51374151416_6c7a9aca48_o.jpgGWH 1/72 McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

And a family photo for posterity, I've loved this project!

51374382293_2f04c17167_o.jpg1/72 48FW Collection by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as always 

Shaun

• Like 70
  • Thanks 2

Beautiful Eagle Shaun, I built exactly the same jet last year with this kit and agree with you on how good the GWH kit is to build, your build is absolutely superb. 

I've not had a go at the E yet.

Love the final shot with all jets together, very nice.

Eng

• Like 1

You beat me to it! Have the same kits and decals to do my own Liberty Wing collection...live relatively close by, so F-111s and Eagles very familiar over the years. Fantastic single seater Eagle...my all time favourite jet!

• Like 1

That's an amazing looking F-15C, and a superb collection of 48th TFW birds. I have a plan to build some Lakenheath subjects, and for 48th TFW subjects, my stash is only lacking F-15's. Maybe I should pick up a GWH offering, it sounds great.

Terry

• Like 1

Thanks for the additional feedback chaps, much appreciated :)

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

Great job, and I really like the weathering.

What did you use for the subtle, but very nice looking results?

Cheers,

Hoops

Fading and shading during the painting process combined with a Mig Productions Neutral Wash, nothing fancy! I added some stains and streaks on the underside using oils, but that's it really. Weathering is not my strong point so I try and keep things simple.

26 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

That's an amazing looking F-15C, and a superb collection of 48th TFW birds. I have a plan to build some Lakenheath subjects, and for 48th TFW subjects, my stash is only lacking F-15's. Maybe I should pick up a GWH offering, it sounds great.

Terry

I can highly recommend the GWH kits, just about the best kits I've built in this scale :)

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...