Tamiya 1/12 F1 Lotus JPS Mk3

kpnuts

Hi all (sorry Richard ) the fit of the body panels (maybe the age of the kit) is awful for tamiya standards what ive photoed here is the main body part all else is an awful fit, as this kit was a gift I'm doing my best but this will never be up with the best I've built, that's not to say I'm not enjoying the build its just a shame it won't be my best build.IMG-8411.jpg
IMG-8412.jpg
IMG-8413.jpg
IMG-8414.jpg
IMG-8415.jpg
IMG-8416.jpg
IMG-8417.jpg

• Like 2

OK so these decals are 40 years old and have had a tendency to break up so last night I spent 2 hrs getting these together and was patting myself on the back about the great job I had done, only to see this morning they looked like this.

IMG-8447.jpg

No recovery from that one, I looked on indycal but they are all printed on a black background, I'm a bit worried that it may not be the same as the black the one I've Sprayed the rest of the car with.

Anyway the rest of the decals went on OK.

IMG-8448.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well the decals arrived last week but I've been too unwell to do anything with them also the register is different so I can't lay the new ones over the old ones so I'm just going to have to settle with applying them on the side skirts only and hope the difference is not so blindingly obvious as when it's on the same plane as the rest.

PSX-20211023-171901.jpg

IMG-8620.jpg

IMG-8619.jpg

• Like 2