Blackburn Buccaneer S2B

This is the just completed Airfix 1/48 scale kit built completely out of the box.Although the box was still sealed the sprue with the bulged weapon bay and the armament was missing.I found a ECM pod from a Revell of Germany Jaguar GR1 so that it has something under one wing.The colour was mixed using Gunze H313 with Humbrol Hu34 and Revell 31.It represents Longmorn,code number XX889 from RAF Lossiemouth gulf detachment during operation granby based at Muharraq in Bahrain in 1991.

Saluti

Giampiero

imgp8617ozk8t.jpg

imgp8618ufj7m.jpg

imgp86199sjtd.jpg

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri
  • Like 26

Great Buccaneer Giampiero !!

Really love the Granby painting !!

Bravo amici !!

A bit frustrated that you don't show the pin up on the other side of the Bucc :giggle:

Sincerely.

CC

Nice build got this one in the stash, but it is the double boxing. The owner of the model shop was puzzled when I took it to the counter and felt the weight of it. He asked why and I told him that there were some of these kits with two full kits in the box, so I paid him and opened the box in front of him. Should have seen his face! 

Great to see a 1/48 Buccaneer completed - very clean it is too. I would love to see a retooling in this scale - surely a good seller ?! Maybe the long promised Tan Model one will eventually come to production??

Congrats on a good job.

Q