Azur - Dassault MD312 Falmant

Dean Whiston

This one is fighting all the way and I think it may win - masking the orange was a pain even Tamiya tape just didn’t want to stay put and then the black base just didn’t go well to the point I need to strip the wings at least (but suspect it will be the whole thing) - I’m not convinced I’ll get this one done now ☹️

• Sad 1

On 12/10/2021 at 08:24, Dean Whiston said:

I need to strip the wings at least (but suspect it will be the whole thing) - I’m not convinced I’ll get this one done now ☹️

OK Dean

Let's be having none of this defeatist talk please.

It's only the paint not the model underneath. 

These setbacks only make the finished model all the more satisfying.  :like:

Come on mate we are all right behind you 

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

So not given up entirely with this but not convinced it will be done by the closing date due to work commitments.

after stripping most of the black and orange from the wings and part of the fuselage I’ve redone them and finally got a couple of coats of aluminium on; hopefully one final coat tomorrow and then pick out a few panels in a different shade for variation before sealing with klear

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Dean Whiston said:

3 weeks with the “worst cold ever” has meant no modelling which means this has definitely beat me.

it will be finished eventually but for now its going to the shelf of doom as I have no enthusiasm left for it ☹️

The "Covid cold" is indeed a bit of a beast. Mrs Ned has just come to the end of a two week holiday during which she hasn't been able to do a thing, and young Ned had his half-term week spoiled as well. It all but killed my enthusiasm too.

Hope this one isn't on the SoD for too long, it does look very stylish. That row of round windows look like something from Buck Rogers or Dan Dare.