Azur - Dassault MD312 Falmant

Dean Whiston

First entry into this GB and first modelling for over 3 months 

spacer.png

What can i say; i have an interest in post war french trainer, liaison and transport aircraft and this one had been in the stash since it was released ….. about time I built it 🙂

• Like 12

Dean,

Welcome to the GB and good luck. I have one of these in the stash and I'm quite keen to see how it turns out.

• Like 1

Hi,

very cool choice!

It must give you the option of the glazed nose, I supposed.

In my book that is the sexiest of all.

Which one will you do?

Cheers.

JR

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi,

very cool choice!

It must give you the option of the glazed nose, I supposed.

In my book that is the sexiest of all.

Which one will you do?

Cheers.

JR

The glazed nose md311 is a separate Azur kit (also in my stash that I will build at some point as I agree it is cool 😊) so this will be the solid nose version on the box art

• Like 1

Some progress this evening - all the interior gubbins has been cleaned up and part assembled ready to paint - it’s not bad out of the box so I won’t add much more than a rear cabin bulkhead which it strangely absent - it did need a bit of fettling to get the floors in the correct place as the location point are only loosely defined - the resin seats for the passenger cabin are quite fragile and have needed a few repairs but otherwise the bits aren’t too bad 

spacer.png

ill try to get some paint on this lot at the weekend now

• Like 7

I've got one of these in the stash too. Somehow it really called to me when it was released and I couldn't resist it! Nice to see one being built here - I might even build my own later in the GB.

Interior is taking longer than planned - having made the rear bulkhead it highlighted that the floor was about 5mm too narrow which needed some work to rectify - however its now getting there with the majority of the interior painted (even though most of the interior of the passenger cabin is invisible when the fuselage is closed)

spacer.png

• Like 8

Nose cone on (with what seemed like half a ton of weight added) and the strange resin piece in front of the cockpit added - lots a filler required here and still work to be done - join line also took more effort than expected to clean up and still needs rescribing - despite this I’m happy with how it’s going 🙂

spacer.png

• Like 8

Cockpit installed and closed upspacer.pngspacer.png

a lot of rescribing was required particularly around the nose due to the amount of sanding required to get a good fit - still a bit more to do and a general tidy up along with some filler around the canopy

ive also made a start on the tailplane   - it will need some work along the joins before it’s attached to the fuselage 

spacer.png

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, Dean Whiston said:

Cspacer.png

a lot of rescribing was required particularly around the nose due to the amount of sanding required to get a good fit - still a bit more to do and a general tidy up along with some filler around the canopy

hello

This is nice work.

Now in front of the canopy there is a mistake made by Azur as there should be an angle when the windows join with the fuselage.

You will understand if you follow this link :

https://www.lecharpeblanche.fr/registre/dassault-md-315-flamant-f-azes/

Patrick

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VG 33 said:

Now in front of the canopy there is a mistake made by Azur as there should be an angle when the windows join with the fuselage.

I see what you mean in the pictures it looks to have a scalloped edge which is not represented in the kit -  It would be difficult to replicate though without making a new canopy so I think I may have to accept the error for now…….

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dean Whiston said:

I see what you mean in the pictures it looks to have a scalloped edge which is not represented in the kit -  It would be difficult to replicate though without making a new canopy so I think I may have to accept the error for now…….

You could cheat a little by cutting inside the base of the windows to get a scalopped effect. This is what I should do when I have the time to build my Flamant.

Patrick

• 3 weeks later...

Finally back on this after a busy few weeks  with work 

yet more filler on the fuselage around the cockpit and quite a lot required around the tail joint - started on the wings which I think will need some work after needing clamps to keep them together while drying - also cleaned up the engine parts ready for assembly fun

spacer.png

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Ok after a few weeks completing extensive “research” in La belle France (mostly into wine and brandy to be honest but I did drive past the Cognac training airbase on the way to a distillery visit so that must count 😁) I’m back to this.

spacer.png

engines built ( and filled with liquid gravity) - wings cleaned up and filed to get a decent fit with the fuselage -undercarriage parts sorted and cleaned up - vertical tail surfaces installed - more filler next but it finally feels like I’m actually getting somewhere with it

• Like 6