Keeping pre mixed clear

VooDoo-S8

Hi all,

Bit of a ‘bone’ question here but hear me out..

I keep my Mr Surfacer pre-mixed in a doser bottle at a ratio of 1.5:1 and it works fine and I have the bonus of always having it at hand. What I’m wondering is, could I do the same with my clears? So, rather than mixing it every time I have to use it, like the primer, it’s there in the bottle ready to go? 

I’m not exactly new to the hobby but I’m new-ish to airbrushing and I’m just trying to have a more streamlined method.

Cheers,

VooDoo.

I too use pre-mix Mr Finishing Surfacer 1500. I also have pre-mix Gunze GX-112 (or 100) gloss clear and GX-114 flat clear thinned with Mr Color Leveling Thinner ready to go.  Works for me. I have left it a couple of months between use without problem. I also top up and re-use the same premix.

Ray 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

I too use pre-mix Mr Finishing Surfacer 1500. I also have pre-mix Gunze GX-112 (or 100) gloss clear and GX-114 flat clear thinned with Mr Color Leveling Thinner ready to go.  Works for me. I have left it a couple of months between use without problem. I also top up and re-use the same premix.

Ray 

Thanks Ray,

That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear! 

Cheers,

Craig