SAMI, MAM, June & July issues

KLN

I can also confirm that the NEWS section is June 21 so very old news. We didnt get these issues in hard format so if they are a re-hash thats a bit naughty.  There was a forward from Mark finally apologising for the lack of updates and communication but all will be rosy again, cough cough, bull pucky.  There is also no back cover to suggest next months incarnation or general legal bits and pieces.  Certainly it does not contain the 'reviews and builds' as advertised in the Oct/Nov issue.

Hope that helps.

Stu

Edited by Mike
Removing obfuscated bad language
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Hardtarget said:

I can also confirm that the NEWS section is June 21 so very old news. We didnt get these issues in hard format so if they are a re-hash thats a bit naughty.  There was a forward from Mark finally apologising for the lack of updates and communication but all will be rosy again, cough cough, bull sh*t.  There is also no back cover to suggest next months incarnation or general legal bits and pieces.  Certainly it does not contain the 'reviews and builds' as advertised in the Oct/Nov issue.

Hope that helps.

Stu

Bit late to apologise for lack of updates and communication. They've lost me.

• Like 2

I just picked these up in our local W H Smith.

For all the issues referred to above, most of which are the publishers fault, I still appreciate the builds in the magazines and I hope those contributors who should be paid do get paid.

I’ll be reading them over the rest of the week.

Edited by Whofan

I've just had to remove some swearing from two posts.  Normally that would get you a 31 day suspension seeing as you're both old enough to know better, but I'm going to cut you some slack this time as long as it is NOT repeated.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Whofan said:

I just picked these up in our local W H Smith.

For all the issues referred to above, most of which are mostly the publishers fault, I still appreciate the builds in the magazines and I hope those contributors who should be paid do get paid.

I’ll be reading them over the rest of the week.

As far as l can tell, almost none of us got paid this year. From what l've seen, several articles from the June issue have been reused in the latest SAMI. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happnens with MAM.

René

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, HartDeco said:

As far as l can tell, almost none of us got paid this year. From what l've seen, several articles from the June issue have been reused in the latest SAMI. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with MAM.

René

Well that's a damn shame.

I hope you can get your money.

1 hour ago, Paul Bradley said:

Then the contributors ought to invoice them twice - it would be interesting to see what they say. 

This whole saga really is a damning indictment of their values and business acumen, isn't it? 

From my own experience with them back when they were SAM Publications it didn't matter how often one invoiced , emailed , telephoned there was always some seemingly plausible excuse  -  will be in the post today / tomorrow / next week / whenever so-and-so is back from holiday or could you take half this month and half next and it will be in the post etc. etc.

No idea what their system is now but back then payment was due was three months after publication so that could also become a source of confusion as payments when they did arrive gave no indication of which article they were for.

When I eventually pulled the plug I was owed payments going back over a year so in that sense their business model was in fact quite successful.

• Like 7

Yes, I experienced the same - having to badger them constantly regarding payment was tiresome. 

I was lucky - I got out being owed for only one article. It simply wasn't worth pursuing any more - and I guess that's worth it to them. Never mind burning bridges, always some new suckers to fill the gap...

• Like 4

Well at least it looks like the June and July issues were Internet only and never printed ..which means I'm not technically missing those issues ...I'm still missing June 2020 (last year) and offering 20 gbp plus postage to anyone who can spare it to complete my set . There is a post it the wanted section as well

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mutleyp said:

These are exact duplicates of the June issues, what a joke if anyone is subscribing!

Yes I have seen from a few sources that the Dec issue in PDF is just the June issue,

15 hours ago, Mike said:

Does that smack of fraud to anyone else? That seems deliberate and considered to me :hmmm:

If it is not it must be very close to it  !  Very dubious behaviour and likely to rebound on them.  A great shame, because that was once a good, worthwhile magazine.

• Like 2