SAMI, MAM, June & July issues

KLN

13 minutes ago, Tony C said:

Dave, please can I request that you don't purely reply on Facebook, there are some luddites here, including myself (whose more troglodyte than luddite) that don't use that format and I am always interested in supporting new ventures!

Good luck with the venture :yes:

To be honest I post more on here but until our website is up and running and I can use URL I struggle to get photos on here

Me Comdum

• Like 1

UPDATE UPDATE I have received today (Monday 15th November 2021) issues of August/September 2021 & October/November 2021 of their magazines that I was owed. My subscription is now complete, I will not be re-subscribing to their magazines. (Bit late, lots of complaints, but have received them).

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, Neil Wharton said:

UPDATE UPDATE  My subscription is now complete,

I will not be re-subscribing to their magazines. 

1) First sentence : I got August - september  issue (with the usual wonderful  nice ice blanket  ) and sept-october with the other one descripted upside in these exchanges...

2) Second sentence : Yes , I thin,k it's the 1st option because , for me,  it's far to be complete because  I didn't get  April, June and July .....

But, but , I stopped getting angry .... just sad ; it was (sorry IS) a great magazine

And anxious that  these issues are in the international orbital capsule in danger of being pulverized by a russian missile 🤣  😂

My subscription was due to finish after the October issue but was told that as June and July never materialised I will get two issues on the end of the subscription, I have had one so will I get half an issue if they do another double??? I am not bothered anymore, it certainly is not as good as the early SAMI's and certainly will not be renewing a subscription with them.   I have ordered the first issue of the Pheonix one to check it out.

Chris

• Like 2

Thanks for ordering from Phoenix we are getting some great feedback, so in next issue we have more 1/72. We are posting 3 days a week currently Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Due to hight postage cost we are urging non UK customers to consider the digital version which is cheaper and a with more content from Pocketmags. 

And after demand for customers at Telford we are going to be starting three, six and twelve month subscriptions in December.

www.phoenixscalepublications.co.uk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

As the June and July issues never materialised (if they even existed) the volume, for me is incomplete. Therefore I am not continuing with their publications. 

I too have ordered the first issue from Phoenix Publications.

Like the idea of subscription options.

Edited by KLN
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I live in Christchurch New Zealand, been a subscriber to MAM for quite a while and even though they owe me and others quite a few back issues, I received  Aug/Sep 21 issue 10 days ago and Oct/Nov 21 issue today, both sent airmail. Maybe there is light at the end of this long tunnel.. WAB

Hi Wab !

Nice to hear news  from Overseas !

9 hours ago, WAB1 said:

Hi. I live in Christchurch New Zealand, been a subscriber to MAM for quite a while and even though they owe me and others quite a few back issues, I received  Aug/Sep 21 issue 10 days ago and Oct/Nov 21 issue today, both sent airmail. Maybe there is light at the end of this long tunnel.. WAB

1st sentence :

as me in France 

2nd Sentence

I hope so but I am not "over-optimistic"....just because the usual monthly issue are out !

so we wait and see

Christian

On 11/17/2021 at 12:26 AM, Paul Bradley said:

One wonders who will be editor now that the editorial staff have all left, and who will be the design team, now that the design team have left? If you don't have an editor or designer, how can you have a magazine? 

Found a Cyber Monday event email in my Spam Folder from them which in part says -

...... we are now stronger than ever and can announce we are being joined by Kelvin Barber and Ken Jones! The team has been further bolstered with Jay Laverty Matt Edwards Arthur Bentley Paul Eden Glen Ashley Ian Stroud .......

Imagine that is meant to be a list of names (some of which are familiar) rather than one person with a very long name although during a previous existence I did have cause to occasionally lock someone up who had the surnames of an entire Rangers FC team as middle names , not an unknown phenomena in some areas in the central belt of Scotland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Des said:

Jay Laverty Matt Edwards Arthur Bentley Paul Eden Glen Ashley Ian Stroud .......

Imagine that is meant to be a list of names (some of which are familiar) rather than one person with a very long name although during a previous existence I did have cause to occasionally lock someone up who had the surnames of an entire Rangers FC team as middle names , not an unknown phenomena in some areas in the central belt of Scotland.

Yep, never heard of Jay Stroud....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hmm, well at least one of those names doesn't inspire confidence.    A gentleman who allegedly was 'released' from his role for having played fast and loose with some of the samples provided by manufacturers. Those with long memories and useful contacts will know to whom I refer. 

That 'curiosity' aside, the gentleman had an odd style anyway - which i my view is not terribly encouraging for their future! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I saw the 3 MA issues in my local newsagent the other day and I have to say how poor the quality of the latest issues are. Comic/Newspaper like paper (really awful) colours look bland and the resolution of the images are poor, not one more pound of my money will be wasted on these “chip wrappers” beware of this if ordering from the web and expecting decent quality paper. On the flip side of this I ordered the Phoenix publications magazines from their website on a few friends recommendations and they are fantastic! Great quality images and paper and the style of articles I came to love! If you haven’t tried them, give them a go, highly recommended and deserve to succeed!

• Like 6

Thanks for the feedback we are very proud of them and next issue will be our around the 20th goes to printer next Friday

Current issue available from www.phoenixscalepublications.co.uk. And following feedback we are going start doing subscriptions but have too sort IT out first. Make sure the base is firm before you start growing the tree is a core policy for us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mutleyp said:

On the flip side of this I ordered the Phoenix publications magazines from their website on a few friends recommendations and they are fantastic! Great quality images and paper and the style of articles I came to love! If you haven’t tried them, give them a go, highly recommended and deserve to succeed!

And from my own experience , ordered one of everything Sunday evening , magazines arrived Wednesday , books in stock arrived today and looking forward to the pre-orders in due course.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SeventySecond said:

As I have mentioned before I am a SAMI subscriber and to my surprise the Dec 21 issue arrived in the post today.

This was without any chasing or prompting so hopefully other subscribers will receive theirs soon.

Have they gone back to the decent paper or the poor quality newspaper style stuff?

1 hour ago, mutleyp said:

Have they gone back to the decent paper or the poor quality newspaper style stuff?

To me it is the same quality printing and paper as the last two double month editions. 

The cover on my Dec issue has a slightly less glossy sheen to it than the previous two.

82 pages including the covers

I have just seen a Facebook post saying the 3 latest issues (SAMI, SMMI and MAM) are a rehash of the June Pocketmags produced only issues! can anybody confirm that? If so that is pretty low seeing as they were published and paid for at an earlier point in time! If this is the case I won’t be spending another penny on these! 😡 I guess if so they must be running out of material and contributors!

• Like 2

Here is the post that 

18 hours ago, mutleyp said:

I have just seen a Facebook post saying the 3 latest issues (SAMI, SMMI and MAM) are a rehash of the June Pocketmags produced only issues! can anybody confirm that? If so that is pretty low seeing as they were published and paid for at an earlier point in time! If this is the case I won’t be spending another penny on these! 😡 I guess if so they must be running out of material and contributors!

Here s tge content of my post you speak of 

****Please share far and wide*****

Has any of my modelling freinds noticed the current poo-poo shower of the ill-fated model magazines Model Aircraft Monthly, Scale Military Modeller International and Scale Aviation Modeller International of the December  issue that is in the shops atm is pretty much a carbon copy of the June issue that was only avalible on digital download. From what I can see looks like they have only gone and rehashed the June issue using all the same builds features and content that has already been used so I hope the subscribers  that are actually left enjoy there copy of the repoped june digital pocketmags offering that's what I call value for money. Either that or they just don't have enough contributors to fill a new issue they have to pull a fast one to fool there valued customers. Only difference is the editorial has been changed to grovel to the small number of readers  they have got left to fool you all into thinking they have changed their deceitful  ways. I guess a leopard  will never change its spots as they say. As you can see from my images below the covers are  dated June 2021 which are a exact  duplication of the current December issues in shops which is why there is no sign of the December mags online for digital download as that would make people suspect some one has been upto the usual tricks of making you guys look like mugs 

Edited by Mike
Removing bad language
  • Like 3