SAMI, MAM, June & July issues

KLN

Refund received this morning, would have preferred the magazines I ordered. Due to the performance of MA over the past 12 months will not be purchasing any products in future.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jabba said:

We shall see if they do turn up at SMW. I also wonder how many if any got printed in the first place for them to run out of stock when this was the only way that you could get the actual magazine.

Following MA's taking over the reins of SAMI, it took be me 7 months to get the last two issues from my last subscription, constantly feeling I was being fed a bunch of lies, with no apology given or even what could possibly be construed as a genuine reason for the delays. I have refused to renew and also haven't purchased another copy, either online or off the shelf!

I therefore have no interest in what their excuses are or will be but if they do turn up at SMW, I wonder how many back issues they will have on the stand?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tony C said:

Following MA's taking over the reins of SAMI

Might find it interesting to check older magazines  if you were not already aware . . . . .  whenever the holding company takes on a new identity the same names always seem to pop up among the company officers / production team.

My order hasn't turned up either , will check bank to see if I have been repaid or if I need to chase it up.

EDIT - no refund has arrived so it would seem that they have to be requested individually rather than being made to customers with outstanding orders for the titles which cannot now be supplied..

• Like 3

What a shame. Both titles I think it's fair to say were pretty well respected in what is, after all, quite a small hobby world. I too had the missing issues, broken promises etc and got fed up and let my subscription lapse for both. I will certainly not subscribe to either again and I doubt I'll buy any.

Most people I think are fair minded and would be inclined to cut the publisher some slack for COVID etc notwithstanding that other magazines were produced and delivered without issue. In any event the supply problems predated COVID by some months.

Any commercial organisation knows that goodwill is one of the most important assets of any business. The mismanagement of information to its customer base never mind the failure to deliver what was bought and paid for has clearly damaged that goodwill. I wonder about the advertisers who have paid for space in magazines their potential customers will never have seen, nevermind those contributors whose work has also gone unpublished (and by the sounds of it, often unpaid).

Its difficult to know whether it is incompetence or arrogance which has caused this but overall its a shame albeit an apparent result of their own making.

TT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hello

What comes to mind is simple amazement. I thought that our case, where I never got a magazine as a subscriber for months, I thought of an isolated case. What I read here in the forum breaks all dams in my mind.

After the whole theater and the constant arguing and discussion got too stupid for me, I reached deep into my pocket for arguments.

I want to share these arguments with you all, because this way you can at least get a little of what you are entitled to. Some shots from mail traffic. Finally I got one book as refund! A small refund for excellent wondering what is on in some company.

1.    Me: My long history of complaints concerning this matter is actually in 2017 from July to November. I do actually today never know when a magazine drops in. I am tired of the absolute ignorance of complaints. All the annoyance I see in a cost reduction program. The costumer should pay and even if the guaranty of proper delivery is violated. The liability of the contract with the customer is deliberately violated to ensure your cost reduction program. Go to hell with your penny counting on the back of my nerves! Use a proper mail service or shut down your company!

2.    Reply: Thank you for your email. I am really shocked ….

3.    Reply: Hello Apologies for the delay, we are currently at the IPMS ScaleModel World Show and I haven’t picked …

Well, the story started in 2016 to 2018. It was an interesting part in my life.

Happy modelling

On 10/4/2021 at 9:45 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

Do any Companies advertise in these publications?  Just sayin. :whistle:

Well , from what I have seen in the copies which have reached my local newsagent IPMS USA took out a full-page advert for their Nationals in late August published in the August/September issue which hit the shelves in the UK last weekend  a month after the event.

I am a SAMI subscriber and not received the combined Aug/Sept issue as yet. I did get a reply from Mark at MA earlier this week to say if I didn't get it by this weekend to let him know and he would arrange a replacement, which seems to indicate he hasn't that much faith in the delivery service he is using.

• Like 1

Has anybody on this forum actually seen a physical copy of the June and July issues? Had my order refunded due to being out of stock despite ordering the day they appeared on the website. Due to not now having a complete volume I will no longer be continuing with them.

• Like 1

With all the subterfuge with the magazine that folks are reporting here, I'm wondering if the publishers are intentionally trying to force people to use their on-line service. 

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Like 1

Still no subscription delivery of the August September issue arrived, I emailed them and got a reply very quickly from Sophie advising she will get a replacement in the post !!! Yeah right. Very sceptical that I will see any further 5 remaining issues I paid for with the year subscription and believe this is a further stalling tactic. Shocking behaviour really. 

Chris

• Like 1

Ive had the same response, ill see what the postman delivers but it shouldnt take another email to remind them to send my magazine!

I do wonder if they are trying to flog the magazine in shops to get in any cash they can and quickly. Subscriptions are a write off as that cash has been spent.

I also hear there is some 'exciting' news shortly but no details, perhaps others in the know can share.

Edited by Hardtarget
  • Like 2

"I do wonder if they are trying to flog the magazine in shops to get in any cash they can and quickly. Subscriptions are a write off as that cash has been spent."

Will that work though - I thought the shops pay the distributors when they ask for magazine copies, then get refunded for unsold copies.  That presumably means the distributors don't pay the publishers for some considerable time, which won't help cashflow.

After all this time, given the way other magazines appear to be managing successfully, this all sounds very strange.

• Like 2

Had no reply from MA since e-mailing on 6th. September to ask if there was any realistic chance of the magazines being sent out.

Since seen on the forum here that some customers have been advised that there are no longer any of the elusive issues available and with no contact from them to that effect and no refund having been made in lieu of goods requested a refund last week , surprisingly no response so have now left it in the hands of my bank.

No idea what the forthcoming 'exciting' news might be but would not be overly surprised if this will turn out to be yet another rebranding.

• Like 1

Hi all

I hesitated to bring on forums my own problem but, reading these exchanges I see I am far to be alone
I have SAM Mag subscription for many years and find it great.

But nowadays there’s a problem that has lasted for almost a year begins to seriously "swell" me!
Indeed since September 2020, I never receive regularly the magazine  (except oddly that of May 2021). However it is edited (sometimes with delay OK) regularly, you’ll see it on the site.
At the beginning of the year, I could contact the editorial staff and the chief editor (responsible for participating in the management due to a temporary suspension of his main activity due to the covid) was my contact with efficacy.

He told me that magazines are leaving but….  are not arriving; when he sent me 1 or 2 with a customs declaration, it generally went through and without taxation .... (often in my life I have had other subscriptions outside of Europe and I have never paid customs)

By now didn't get neither April (and sold out!) nor June to October issues, so 6 magazines failing !
I am , not complaining about any supplier ( I know it’s not the object of forums) ; I just want to understand and get answers to my questions about pre paid and not honored stuffs

Good modelling…. anyway
Christian

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, christian Boehm said:

Hi all

I hesitated to bring on forums my own problem but, reading these exchanges I see I am far to be alone
I have SAM Mag subscription for many years and find it great.

(snipped for space)
Good modelling…. anyway
Christian

Do you really mean SAM? This thread is about SAMI, which is an entirely different magazine (easy enough to confuse, I know).

Paul.

54 minutes ago, christian Boehm said:

I just want to understand and get answers to my questions about pre paid and not honored stuffs

Good modelling…. anyway
Christian

If you are meaning SAMI, I think that all of us who have answered here would also like too.

I haven't waded through the whole 6-page thread, so this may have been covered, but am I right in thinking that MA's three titles were all monthly before the shenanigans? But now they seem to have gone bi-monthly?

I assume that those of you who subscribe have not been offered different terms, so you'll be getting 50% of what you paid for?

2 hours ago, Ade H said:

I haven't waded through the whole 6-page thread, so this may have been covered, but am I right in thinking that MA's three titles were all monthly before the shenanigans? But now they seem to have gone bi-monthly?

I assume that those of you who subscribe have not been offered different terms, so you'll be getting 50% of what you paid for?

Only the latest issue Aug/Sept is a 2 month issue (but still the same size as a monthly issue) the rest are all monthly.