SAMI, MAM, June & July issues

KLN

Hi, 

Had an email from MW this morning after I had contacted him about non-delivery. 

No apology only a reply. 

He states that they have been starting being posted out as of Friday last week and that 'they should be with you anyday now' 

Hmmmmm....... 

Edited by Samuraiwarrior
mispelt

32 minutes ago, Samuraiwarrior said:

Hi, 

No apology only a reply. 

He states that they have been starting being posted out as of Friday last week and that 'they should be with you anyday soon' 

Hmmmmm....... 

To be honest at the stage now where I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarthogMKL said:

Just in case it was missed I left the company some months ago which is why I can no longer help, Sorry.

That's absolutely fine & accepted thanks mate. Just thanks for your help earlier in the year. Just sad what's currently going on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Samuraiwarrior said:

Hi, 

No apology only a reply. 

He states that they have been starting being posted out as of Friday last week and that 'they should be with you anyday soon' 

Hmmmmm.......

Just DON'T hold yer breath, as Puce is a colour that suits few!

Well, I said, well, well.

having threatened Mark Willey with Trading Standards, the refund he promised me for the non delivery of June/July magazines back on 8th September arrived in my bank today!

If he has a stand at SMW, and is there, I will thak him personally.

Nicely, of course !

• Haha 1

Has anybody received the Jun/Jul issues of MA or SAMi. followiing email received today:-

Monday, October 4, 2021, 10:58 am, Info <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your email.

I’m not sure why you have not been contacted to say that your order has been refunded due to stock shortage. We apologise for this and monies should be in your account in a couple of days.

Best regards 

Sophie 

This is despite order being placed in July on the day it was placed on their website and the following email being received on 23 Sep, incidently from Sophie, who is now saying there is no stock.

Thursday, September 23, 2021, 9:43 am, Info <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Kevin,

I can confirm we have received a delivery this morning and all outstanding orders will be fulfilled and dispatched over the next couple of days.

Best regards

Sophie

I would strongly advise anyone who has orders with this company that have not been fulfilled to start recovery proceedings.

• Like 2

further to my last

On 4 Oct 2021, at 11:32, 

How can this be a stock shortage when I placed the order on 29 July, the day it appeared on your website. You also informed me on 29th Sep that you had received stock and that orders were being processed.

A totally ridiculous way to run a business, I will not be purchasing any of your publications in future even in outlets. I will also be posting this on modelling forums where I am sure you are aware the reputation of your company is in the gutter.

Info ([email protected])

To:you Details
Hi Kevin,

We were expecting a lot more copies to be delivered than arrived so we have no choice.

We are aware of the what is posted on forums and as with all social media and forums it has a little no or effect on our business.

Best regards 

Mark

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Random Username said:

Either arrogant or ignorant certainly won’t be getting any of my money again 

Shows the contempt in which they hold their customers. Will not be buying their products again either online or in outlets.

• Like 4

Hi All, 

I find the response from MA Publications very disappointing both in its tone and manner. 

Perhaps the best route for the subscribers is to vote with your feet. Remove yourself as a customer or contributor, and share your experiences with your fellow modellers and friends. 

Although MA Publications say that social media does not affect their business, if those who were customers/contributors no longer support them, together with their friends, acquaintances as well, then I think they will notice that very soon. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hardtarget said:

I must say i have heard nothing since August when i was supposedly getting my back copies of the June & July issues which is most disappointing. I only want the merchandise that i have paid for to be delivered.

I would say unlikely to happen, I placed an order for the Jun/Jul issues of MA and SAMi on 29th July, the day they were listed on the website, since then have been given various excuses for non delivery. On 23 Sep was informed by a member of staff called Sophie in an email that they had received stock and would be sent out that week. With over a week having passed and no issues contacted them again, after 3 emails which went unanswered finally received an email, again from Sophie to be informed that they had run out of stock. When complained about the fact that this would have been amongst the first orders the reply from Mark was of the tone that he didn't care about customer dissatisfaction. I would advise to go for a refund.

• Like 1

I've no stance on what's happening other than to show that there are some mags outhere my CO bought this for me earlier when she was out shopping and I thought I'd let you know WH Smith In Gillingham had three copies this morning.

SAMi2021-012.jpg

Regards

Eamonn

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

I've no stance on what's happening other than to show that there are some mags outhere my CO bought this for me earlier when she was out shopping and I thought I'd let you know WH Smith In Gillingham had three copies this morning.

SAMi2021-012.jpg

Regards

Eamonn

It is the June/July issues that are in question as they are on the MA Publications to order since 29 July and members on this site have placed orders. But to date nobody seems to have received the elusive June/July issues.

I emailed them asking whether I am likely to see my 4 issues that are missing from June onwards and received this reply from Sophie 

You will receive the August/September issue in the next few days.

June and July issues we are out of stock of so you will be two issues credited to your subscription to compensate for this. We apologise for this.

"Running out of stock" is not the same as "being out of stock" or a "stock shortage", the latter two are the words they used as far as I can see. "Running out" implies that they once had stock, the alternatives may also be used if they never had a single copy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tempestfan said:

"Running out of stock" is not the same as "being out of stock" or a "stock shortage", the latter two are the words they used as far as I can see. "Running out" implies that they once had stock, the alternatives may also be used if they never had a single copy.

This is a copy of the email I received yesterday

Hi Kevin,

I’m not sure why you have not been contacted to say that your order has been refunded due to stock shortage. We apologise for this and monies should be in your account in a couple of days.

Best regards 

Sophie 

I must admit I wonder if the Jun/Jul copies ever existed as nobody on here seems to have received a copy

2 hours ago, KLN said:

This is a copy of the email I received yesterday

Hi Kevin,

Best regards 

Sophie 

I must admit I wonder if the Jun/Jul copies ever existed as nobody on here seems to have received a copy

Like you I ordered the Jun/Jul editions of SAMI as soon as they were announced/available on their web site and like you I have recieved nothing apart from the odd e-mail about they will be in stock soon and the such like, but only when I have contacted them first. I too got the e-mail like yours above but it was from Mark and only after I again contacted them first. He did also suggest that the digital version was available, but if I had wanted that I would have ordered it in the first place as I prefer actual stuff so that I can actually hold what I have. So to say that I will but from them again is a big no and that is after I bought the latest issue in good faith. We shall see if they do turn up at SMW. I also wonder how many if any got printed in the first place for them to run out of stock when this was the only way that you could get the actual magazine.

• Like 1

Like others, I have been misled by MA Publications over a period of four months now, with various reasons, excuses for delay, printing problems, posting issues, Now to announce that they do not have any stock of June and July at all, and now offer me two further months subscription too, after challenging about missing issues again.

Is the truth is probably that they never did have any?

The offer of two months extra subscription, is that what I want considering the fiasco with this Publisher?  

I'll never support this publisher again.

• Like 4

As a former reader of this magazin, I also had a subscribtion.

It was a joke when I got my magazin. Weeks or months beyond date. All happened. I could write a book with hundreds of emails too.

I prefer modeling instead and live a good life without this adventure.

Happy modelling

P.S.: What is more interesting: What you read, or when you can read it!