SAMI, MAM, June & July issues

KLN

2 hours ago, Hardtarget said:

Nope.

Nor me.  I knew that I would probably not get them.  It's galling though as I was particularly looking forward to the Swordfish article in the June copy. I suppose I could get a digital copy off pocket mags but am loathed to as I have already paid for a physical one !!!

Chris

Not received my copies either. Also no reply to emails asking for confirmation of dispatch, was hoping to complete this years volumes then call it a day but if and when I get the issues I've ordered will not be continuing.

Emailed Mark, pointed out i wa now 14 business days since he told me my refund was being processed and I would get it in 5 - 7 business days, I hadn't had it, where was it?

He replied that i had been processed it would take 7 - 10 working days, whern I pointed out that it was 14 days since he told me it would be prefunded, he said it must be your bank.

I id point out that he had changed his story (7 - 10 days to refund from 5 - 7 days), he'd promised  to supply goods and took a month not to, and that if I didn't receive the refund by 5 pm tonight I'd be in touch with Tading standards.

In the meantime I'll have a word with my card issuer and see what they say. Oh, I also asked if he had a facebook page, and coud he suply a link.

So far, no reply to that one.

It's £22, not the end of the world, but it is as others have pointed out it is the principal of the thing.

• Like 1

Whilst I can understand why Britmodeller does not want to be involved in anything that may be construed as slanderous or libelous, does anyone know if it is possible to take some kind of group action (outside of britmodeller) against this companys activity?

• Like 2

I was waiting for 3 copies of Military Modelling International. Had enough from this company, with all their excuses. I am now going to receive a refund on what issues that I am owed. My Wife has a magazine subscription and has never had any problems receiving her magazines. Even during the Pandemic, they were all delivered on time. Time to keep well clear of MA Publications.

Martin

• Like 2

Been having the same problems as everyone else here. WarthogMKL was very helpful in posting mags out & helping other people at the start of the year, but I'm still owed three copies. Very sorry to hear about the situation with contributors. I was originally going to just forget about it but it can't be that hard to start a small claims formal letter, done it before a couple of times in the past.

For anyone else thinking about it here's a link to the guidance.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/making-a-small-claim/

Their website is still up with some contact details, wether there's someone at the other end is another matter!

https://www.modelaircraftmag.com/latest-news/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brizeman said:

Hi 

Just got back from my local newsagent and nearly fainted because on the shelves were the latest issues of  SAMI and MAM. Both are combined August/September issues..

John

I'll be having a look in Smiths in Kidderminster myself later on, will report back. If I don't faint!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brizeman said:

Hi 

Just got back from my local newsagent and nearly fainted because on the shelves were the latest issues of  SAMI and MAM. Both are combined August/September issues..

John

Beat me to it :)

Just got back myself but only had MAM in our WH Smith. Still awaiting Jun/Jul issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Papa Delta said:

Did anyone get those new issues? Just wondering if there was an "editor's note" explaining their circumstances.

No, there's no explanation in them of what's been happening.

1 hour ago, Papa Delta said:

Did anyone get those new issues? Just wondering if there was an "editor's note" explaining their circumstances.

From the comments written earlier, this appears to be more of a proprietor level issue, not at editor level. Perhaps the owner of the magazine company is the one who needs to provide the explanation.  There was some comment about printing problems a while back I think? 

On 9/30/2021 at 1:29 AM, Lightningboy2000 said:

Been having the same problems as everyone else here. WarthogMKL was very helpful in posting mags out & helping other people at the start of the year, but I'm still owed three copies. Very sorry to hear about the situation with contributors. I was originally going to just forget about it but it can't be that hard to start a small claims formal letter, done it before a couple of times in the past.

For anyone else thinking about it here's a link to the guidance.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/making-a-small-claim/

Their website is still up with some contact details, wether there's someone at the other end is another matter!

https://www.modelaircraftmag.com/latest-news/

Just in case it was missed I left the company some months ago which is why I can no longer help, Sorry.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, WarthogMKL said:

Just in case it was missed I left the company some months ago which is why I can no longer help, Sorry.

Answerphone only, all very dubious.

• Like 1