SAMI, MAM, June & July issues

KLN

2 hours ago, DamnFockes said:

'We are due to receive all issues up to date on 22nd September and will be sent out then. We apologise for the delay but this has been out of our control.'

Really? How can it be out of your control? Brexit, the lack of lorry drivers, Covid (again) ... needless to say I haven't received my order placed on 15 August nor any email to explain why they have just, in effect, stolen my money (because that's what it is when you take payment for goods or services that you know you cannot deliver). And that's not speculation, that's a fact.

So why have you not gone down the path of organising or requesting a refund?

https://www.thinkmoney.co.uk/blog/whats-the-difference-between-section-75-and-chargeback/

As I did when no magazines were forthcoming, instead of ranting and raving, and making libellous allegations of theft I just contacted my bank and got them to sort it out. You have options available to you.

• Like 2

The sensible steps if you're concerned is to follow Ed's advice above.  I've no dog in this fight, but I'd be getting in touch with my bank if I had.

Let's stop with the potentially libellous comments too.  That's a rather self-destructive method of communication that could land you in hot water financially if someone's minded to "make an example" of you. :shrug:

Back to the red font again, as some people don't seem to listen otherwise. :dull:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, treker_ed said:

@Whofan Keep an eye on the time scale. They quoted me 5 to 7 working days. The refund didn't appear in my account and I had to go via my bank and raise it as a chargeback/Visa Dispute. They got the refund back for me that way.

@treker_ed, thanks.

will do, thanks for the advice.

I paid with a credit card, so might have some difficulty there. But I'm sure I'll get it - hopefully sooner!

There’s nothing libellous about stating the obvious fact that taking money when you know you haven’t got the goods in hand is deception at best, theft at worse. There is nothing on the website to suggest the magazines are out of stock and they said they would send the goods I paid for in a matter of days. They haven’t so I will ask for a refund from my bank and pursue the matter further with Trading Standards. I hope you all get the magazines you have been promised after 22 September. I am asking for a refund and as I’m not a subscriber, I won’t concern myself with it anymore.

41 minutes ago, DamnFockes said:

There’s nothing libellous about stating the obvious fact that taking money when you know you haven’t got the goods in hand is deception at best, theft at worse. 

Well, yes there is.  It is entirely normal business practice to take money in advance of having the goods in hand.  A magazine subscription is one example, but others are where adverts have to be placed early to meet publication dates: earlier than the goods are to hand.  The goods don't always turn up in time, but the advertiser is not necessarily criminally inclined.  I would agree that good practice would be not to cash the cheque/charge the card until posting the goods, but I don't think that this is universal, nor that taking the money is necessarily proof of deceit or criminal practice.   This long saga is certainly reflecting extremely badly on the magazine producers but that in itself is not necessarily theft.

• Like 2

I must say I completely agree with Mike we need to make sure Britmodeller can not be brought in to dis repute . However like all others I would like ma publications to explain/apologise/ or be held to account. I had been quite co operative with them and a long time subscriber to not have been worth the truth is pretty upsetting.....I assume they won’t be at Telford 

1 hour ago, matto21 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is the digital edition available to download?

I've never even considered a digital edition of a magazine before so don't want to pay for a download if it doesn't exist.

I believe so. They were available for the June & July issues last time I looked, which is when I was buying my copies of the 4 magazines I was outstanding at the time. But as I prefer physical copies to read, that's why I didn't go for the digital.

I don't buy either SAMI or MAM and therefore don't pay any attention to which issue is on the shelves of my local newsagent but given the topic of this thread I decided to have a look this morning and for what it's worth both are the May issues.

13 hours ago, matto21 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is the digital edition available to download?

I've never even considered a digital edition of a magazine before so don't want to pay for a download if it doesn't exist.

The current digital issue of MAM is the August issue , SAMI is August/September .

22 hours ago, DamnFockes said:

There’s nothing libellous about stating the obvious fact that taking money when you know you haven’t got the goods in hand is deception at best, theft at worse.

I have sympathy for your position, but one has to assume good faith insofar as a company which sells products probably holds genuine hope of being able to fulfill orders. It's not really comparable to, say, a cowboy trader who takes someone's money with no intention of providing the service.

BTW, that "dull" emoji :dull: which Mike used earlier looks so much like Donald Trump!

Edited by Ade H

Having had a number of problems with receiving my copies of SAMI earlier this year I reluctantly cancelled my subscription. In hindsight I feel that was a wise move. I’ve not seen any copies of SAMI in WHSmiths or Tesco’s for a long time either. 
Companies House still show MA publications accounts are long outstanding which doesn’t fill me with confidence. 
Why doesn’t MA publications put out a press release and simply let their customers know what is going on? 

• Like 7

I emailed them and asked for my subscription copies from June to date or a pro rara refund and I just got the standard reply others got about delays and the 23nd September etc bla bla bla. I know I am not likely to see them , but thought it was worth a go!!!

Chris

1 minute ago, Paul Bradley said:

Interesting - I just went to look at the page and it tells me that the SAMI FB page is "no longer available"......

AHvent seen the page in quote some time.  Mark told me that they havent used SM for over a year. Perhaps they should to stop speculaiton or indeed file some facts.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:05 AM, Jon Bryon said:

There are also a few posts on FB now from ex-SAMI contributors complaining about not being paid...

Jon

Not surprised, and although I haven't mentioned it on FB I'm one of them.

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm we have received a delivery this morning and all outstanding orders will be fulfilled and dispatched over the next couple of days.

Best regards

Sophie

Copy of email received this morning, we shall see.

• Thanks 1