SAMI, MAM, June & July issues

KLN

@Jabba , @Random Username , @KLN , that was the email I referred to, word for word.

While I tend to the pessimistic, I'm prepared to allow this business a little slack. I did, after all, get all of the previous magazines ordered from their website without any difficulty.

Having said I'll get them by next Friday, I may change my opinion if they don't arrive by then - if royal mail around here aren't experiencing and covid difficultuies.

7 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

When they are saying they are out of stock and will get more in are they not stalling you???

I have not received the last 3 months of my subscription ! I doubt I will ever see it.  

Chris

Must admit that was my thought.

• Like 2

On Monday August 9th. I was told by email that deliveries were expected within a day or two and that they would be sent out by the end of that week . . . . . or as it turns out maybe the end of the week after . . . . . or the week after that . . . . . . or now it turns out the week after this.

No idea what is going on with them but like Bryan Adams and (Everything I Do) I Do It For You for sixteen weeks back during the summer of 1991 the same tune week in and week out wears a bit thin.

(thought I had posted a couple of hours ago but did not appear until after I had reposted - no idea if it is me , my computer or both but original post now removed)

As nothing had appeared by 14th Aug I sent an email requesting an update, and also stating that if no reply was received by close of business on 18th to advise of situation, then I would initiate a chargeback via my bank for the monies paid. I received a reply on the 17th advising that there was no stock, and that they were waiting on a further delivery. As I had placed my order on 29/07/2021, literally almost as soon as the magazines had appeared on the website, I would have expected my order to be one of the early ones to have been fulfilled with the stock that they had. At this point I requested that a refund be made. The reply I then received was that they would raise the refund that day, and it should appear in my account WITHIN 5 to 7 working days. That deadline passed yesterday (26/08/2021). As of any overnight updates to the banking system, no refund has appeared in my account. I have emailed again this morning (28/08/2021) to advise them that I am contacting my bank to initiate the chargeback process.

This is a statement of fact - please do not read anything further into this statement other than  what has been stated.

(Visa dispute raised with my bank - now in their hands)

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

When they are saying they are out of stock and will get more in are they not stalling you???

I have not received the last 3 months of my subscription ! I doubt I will ever see it.  

Chris

How can they be out of stock of issues nobody has received?

• Like 3

Hi All, 

Like everyone, I am totally perplexed by the fact that they say that they are awaiting more stock. 

From my time in retail management, once you know what your market is ( by that I mean number of subscribers) you plan to meet that demand as a base level. To say that they are awaiting more stock means that they have not got a grip with their own records as to how many they must print to meet the subscribers. 

A subscriber pays in advance for his /her monthly magazine, so there is no doubt as to the numbers needed to fulfil the requirements. 

There is no excuse for the lack of copies, unless we are not being correctly informed, and as we are now close to three months late for the June issue, surely any problems should have been resolved before now. 

• Like 4

I am too waiting for my subscription issues since June.  Its all wearing a bit thing as i was also promised my mags by mid august.

As i did say in the previous thread, its clear they have a supply issue but aren't willing to disclose the reasons why.  They are either being dishonest with us via the delay after delay tactics responding to our emails and/or they simply cant fulfill the demand due to other factors.

Without getting into financial or company issues which are well documented (compulsory strike off order-suspended),  there is a clear moral one here and that they have NOT contacted subscribers nor have updated their website with the issues OR offered us a solution.  We had an email a few months ago when this issue of supply was having an impact but COVID was assisting in that so we gave them the benefit of doubt, but now I do wonder whether there is actually any care or decency left within the company.

They are either genuinely naive believing that there is a resolution coming; which has been coming for the last 9 months, which gets them out of a pickle or hoping that they can transfer assets to a new company to start afresh (track record). Still, this wont be any good if the demand is not there. How many subscribers and or potential purchasers will have trust in what MA publications or whoever they become next? They have not been on the news stands for circa 4-5 months, so would a newsagents stock their product? i think not as supply may not be guaranteed.

If you promised and now owe a product to multiple persons that stretches months, and have not communicated to your 'investors' what does that say about your company or management? They dont heed advice asking them to update everyone to stop any potential false claims, the actions or lack of now clearly shows there are issues that we aren't aware of.

My subscription ends in November so I will be owed 6 months worth of issues as i dont see this improving.  I think it may be time to start a request for monies paid as if MA Publications go, we can kiss our mags and pennies goodbye.

Sad state of affairs all round.

Edited by Hardtarget
  • Like 1

Excuse my ignorance, but would anyone mind telling me the full titles of SAMI and MAM? They don't appear to have been mentioned, so I guess that you aircraft types must all know...

17 minutes ago, Ade H said:

Excuse my ignorance, but would anyone mind telling me the full titles of SAMI and MAM? They don't appear to have been mentioned, so I guess that you aircraft types must all know...

@Ade H

Scale Aviation Modeller International (SAMI)

Model Airplane Monthly (MAM)

(NOT to be confused with Scale Aircraft Modelling from Guideline publications, completely separate publication)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Copy of email received today

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm the stock will be with us tomorrow and your order on the way early next week. You will receive an email when your order has been dispatched.

Best regards 

Mark

We will see!

5 minutes ago, KLN said:

Copy of email received today

I can confirm the stock will be with us tomorrow and your order on the way early next week. You will receive an email when your order has been dispatched.

Best regards 

Mark

We will see!

Exactly the same as I received today. As you say, we shall see.

56 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

No email received today in my inbox re my subscription ! I have to say I do not believe them in their emails above.  Another stalling tactic as far as I am concerned.

Chris

I agree, another stalling tactic. Personally I will not be accepting any further delay/excuse.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, treker_ed said:

I have emailed again this morning (28/08/2021) to advise them that I am contacting my bank to initiate the chargeback process.

(Visa dispute raised with my bank - now in their hands)

No response was received from MA Publications in response to the email sent on 28/08/2021. My bank has now emailed today to advise that they have successfully completed my visa dispute. I assume that means they have recovered the money from their bank (which is what my bank said was their process). I now have my refund. Sadly I would advise anyone awaiting magazines to start the equivalent process with their bank, if you have not been able to obtain any requested refund.

• Like 5

We are due to receive all issues up to date on 22nd September and will be sent out then. We apologise for the delay but this has been out of our control.

Best regards 

Mark

Despite assurances of stock arriving last Friday and orders being fulfilled this week yet a further delay/excuse. By the next estimate the majority of other publications will have the October issues on the shelf whilst MA Publications has still to deliver a June issue. Was hoping to complete the 2021 volumes of MA and SAMi but this is looking more and more unlikely. The litany of delays and excuses means that it is time to call it a day. Customer confidence/goodwill must be at an all time low/non existent.

• Like 2

I am also a subscriber to SAMI and waiting for June issues onwards. 

I also received exactly the same reply as KLN posted above to a chase query I made today. When I checked if "all issues" included August as well, Mark replied that it would. 

Given all the other emails I have had with delivery estimates that have proved not to have been met I have very little confidence that this will happen, so have posted this just in case it helps others.

Even if this does happen and we get them soon after the 22nd September, in the "old SAMI " delivery schedule we would be expecting to receive the October issue at this time.

• Like 3

'We are due to receive all issues up to date on 22nd September and will be sent out then. We apologise for the delay but this has been out of our control.'

Really? How can it be out of your control? Brexit, the lack of lorry drivers, Covid (again) ... needless to say I haven't received my order placed on 15 August nor any email to explain why they have just, in effect, stolen my money (because that's what it is when you take payment for goods or services that you know you cannot deliver). And that's not speculation, that's a fact.

Following my query today I received this;

Hi John,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately there has been a delay and we won’t be receiving our stock as promised this week and now arriving 22nd September.

This delay is beyond our control and I can organise a refund if you prefer?

Best regards Mark

I've gone for the refund option.

49 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Following my query today I received this;

Hi John,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately there has been a delay and we won’t be receiving our stock as promised this week and now arriving 22nd September.

This delay is beyond our control and I can organise a refund if you prefer?

Best regards Mark

I've gone for the refund option.

@Whofan Keep an eye on the time scale. They quoted me 5 to 7 working days. The refund didn't appear in my account and I had to go via my bank and raise it as a chargeback/Visa Dispute. They got the refund back for me that way.

• Thanks 1