SAMI, MAM, June & July issues

KLN

I ordered both about 2 weeks ago and nothing as yet. When I log into my account the message says that it is in process on the first page and order received on the details about the order page.

• Thanks 1

I ordered mine almost two weeks ago when they appeared on the website and my account shows the same as Jabba.

Contacted MA on Monday and had a reply from Mark that they were awaiting more stock and they should be sent out within a few days.

A similar topic was closed down recently because some members started to stray into questionable territory so maybe best sticking to facts on this one.

• Thanks 3

Hi All,

I have sent a further email enquiring about June/July and now August issues, which I have paid for as a subscriber. As you might expect, nothing either by delivery, or response has occurred.

Sorry, to the Britmodeller Admin. I do not wish to put the forum into any disrespect, but this is a respected forum as I see it, for 'US, ' the modeller, to explain, offer advice, and raise issues within the modelling environment.

There is an ongoing issue with MA Publications, and I feel I have the responsibility to offer my experiences with this publisher. I have not posted anything that is not true, or fact based.

I await a response from MA Publications.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

In regards to the previous thread, there was an amount of discussion that was, should we say, speculative, and will be left there. Provided we stick to the facts, at hand, and relate our own personal experiences and do not stray from those facts, we should not have any issues.

Further to that - I've just sent an email requesting an update regarding the delivery of the magazines I ordered at the end of July when the June & July issues of MA & SAMI appeared on the website. I have given them until close of Business on Wednesday to respond. If no response is forthcoming with regards a delivery ETA, then they should issue a refund. If no response either way is received, I will ask that my bank do a chargeback to get the refund. 

• Thanks 2

I just tried to place an order for the July SAMI - it says 'this product is currently unavailable'. They did, however, take my money for SMMI. The website states 'be assured all in stock items are posted with in 24 to 48 hours of the receipt of your order' so I would expect to receive this within 5 working days (even if it's posted second class). I will keep you informed ...

I was involved in the previous topic so I’ll try to be careful. I had no deliveries from November 2020 was constantly put off with various excuses, had some deliveries in February 2021 . And nothing more repeated emails came back with differing reasons and dates. Finally requested a refund which my card sorted for me, still waiting any credible reason from ma publication

We are all just relating the facts and our own experiences. I did some digging about MA Publications and nothing I posted in the previous thread was not a fact in the public domain. They advertised the July issue of SAMI as available, now it is not and no one here, not even subscribers, appear to have received a copy. As I said, I ordered a copy of SMMI today and I will let you know if it arrives. I will give them a week, I will then email MA Publications if it has not arrived (although the order has actually been placed and will be fulfilled with Triple Six Media Limited, PO Box 1592, Bedford, MK40 9FD, UK. Registered company 09883511 in England). 

On 8/14/2021 at 8:38 PM, treker_ed said:

I've just sent an email requesting an update regarding the delivery of the magazines I ordered at the end of July when the June & July issues of MA & SAMI appeared on the website. I have given them until close of Business on Wednesday to respond. If no response is forthcoming with regards a delivery ETA, then they should issue a refund. If no response either way is received, I will ask that my bank do a chargeback to get the refund. 

I have just received a response which claims that they are awaiting more stock, and that the order will be sent out at the end of the week. 

As I placed the order at the end of July, pretty much as soon as the magazines went "live" on the website, I would have thought order wise, I would have been quite early on in the order processing queue and should not have to wait for more stock to arrive before getting them. I think on this occasion, I'm going to pull the trigger and request a refund.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but if someone has a recent hard copy of any of these publications, does it show anywhere who does the print run?

Might be worth asking a few questions there? Or even ask Menzies, as they are probably the distributor. They should know where these come from.

There isn't any distribution to the news trade so they are only available via the website, as far as I can see. As you say, it would be helpful if someone who has a copy could share the good news. As soon as mine arrives, I will post a photo here!

8 hours ago, treker_ed said:

I have just received a response which claims that they are awaiting more stock, and that the order will be sent out at the end of the week. 

As I placed the order at the end of July, pretty much as soon as the magazines went "live" on the website, I would have thought order wise, I would have been quite early on in the order processing queue and should not have to wait for more stock to arrive before getting them. I think on this occasion, I'm going to pull the trigger and request a refund.

Hmm sorry, but I am  not buying it!!!  I have a subscription and nothing has come through for 3 months now, I don't believe I will see any further issues.  Would love to be proved wrong though!!!

Chris

9 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but if someone has a recent hard copy of any of these publications, does it show anywhere who does the print run?

Might be worth asking a few questions there? Or even ask Menzies, as they are probably the distributor. They should know where these come from.

I have had a look at a few that I have got to hand and for the earliest and latest (Nov 2020 and May 2021). All it says for printing as that the magazine is printed and bound in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Still not had any copies (June and July) of SAMI.

Did contact, MW of MA Publications who asked me to wait until the end of the week, that being 23/08/21.

As that date has been and gone, and still no copies, contacted MW, who has said he will get the said copies to me. I wait and hope that they will be forthcoming.

A vain hope maybe.

I'll post if they arrive. No post, means no copies.

Funnily enough I emailed MA on Monday, had a reply from Sophie saying they were out of stock, but expected more in a few days and would send them out then.

I emailed this morning asking for an update, I’m not anticipating a helpful reply.

UPDATE; 

had a reply from Mark saying the magazines would be dispatched this week and I would get them by Friday next week.

Edited by Whofan

Just had the following reply to an email sent this morning.

"Thank you for your email.

We are expecting more stock early next week so will dispatched by end of next week latest.

We can send when in stock or we can refund you if you prefer.

Best regards 

Mark "

14 minutes ago, KLN said:

Just had the following reply to an email sent this morning.

"Thank you for your email.

We are expecting more stock early next week so will dispatched by end of next week latest.

We can send when in stock or we can refund you if you prefer.

Best regards 

Mark "

Strangely enough I got roughly the same e-mail in reply.

1 minute ago, Jabba said:

Strangely enough I got roughly the same e-mail in reply.

Replied that I would give them to the end of next week (3 Sep). If nothing then will reconsider the order.