Roden 1/72 Albatros D.III Oeffag s.153 (late)

Fresh off the bench is Roden's 1/72 Albatros D.III Oeffag s.153 (late)

This kit had a fair bit of flash, questionable fit, nothing more than dimples for the strut locating holes (in some locations, nothing!), and notoriously average decals.

Despite the kit's issues, I really enjoyed this build. With 12 liveries to choose from, I can see a few more sneaking into the stash in future.

It was painted in a 20:1 ratio of flat red to black, just to dull the brightness slowly, then weathered with oils.

Unfortunately I couldn't get rid of the silvering on the decals.

Rigged with Uschi 0.047mm thread.

I've really enjoyed building the couple of WWI aircraft I've done so far, and am looking forward to the next one... once I've cleared the bench of my other projects!

Thanks for looking, CC always welcome.

y4mDpvWQs5L-sVoX9RZIaBOASL6vAP4fuddKc_NM

y4mkcilDnb61JY6ru4PpdPUwUBq8vzSz0862sIQ_

y4mYYC_6r66iHETmX1yIqsdThSIs-qJ1TFA_rg6t

y4mjVuN_wTUNN9aG6ZpxU71haVIJctY9MJsdjj0T

y4m3U8tqIALCnAwlf_hSwo_KgMRh0Jy_yleh-F04

y4mXl7K35Un6j7Lbr7VUT6kiFhbpFuAlegOpq2o8

• Like 26

Really great work, I have a few of these kits and knowing how small and fiddly they can be you've finished this one off superbly, the rigging is spot on too, very well done indeed!

Rich

Top notch work on your Roden Albie -

I've built the exact same kit myself in the past so know what you mean about the kit.   I actually like Roden kits - yes, they need a bit of careful work but look good once completed.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

That is wonderful, you've produced something special from what sounds like a testing kit. WW1 aircraft are quite addictive aren't they! I built my first one a couple of years ago and have been completely converted to the era. 

Richie