Special Hobby 1/72 Mirage F.1CZ

Parrahs

Based on the highly precise and very thorough research method of google image search and what looked about right over in the paint rack the belly is Mr Paint MRP-049 Light Blue, the green is Tamiya XF-13 Japanese Army Green, and the tan an unholy concoction of XF-60 Dark Yellow with some XF-57 Buff to lighten it and a drop of Mr Hobby H13 Flat Red for warmth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Parrahs said:

Based on the highly precise and very thorough research method of google image search and what looked about right over in the paint rack the belly is Mr Paint MRP-049 Light Blue, the green is Tamiya XF-13 Japanese Army Green, and the tan an unholy concoction of XF-60 Dark Yellow with some XF-57 Buff to lighten it and a drop of Mr Hobby H13 Flat Red for warmth.

That's pretty much what I thought you'd done, just wanted some confirmation. ;) Yeah right! :D

That'll be handy come the day I try similar, Thanks. :) 

Steve.

Goal in sight...

hNf0Jak.jpg

Decals done, landing gear and doors attached. Apparently most of them tend to stay closed, but I found one photo with them open on the ground and, well, it seemed a lot easier to glue on like this. The main doors are also very strategically placed to get bumped when you handle the plane, and so have probably been glued back on half a dozen times already.

Ra4yoQk.jpg

Wash and a varnish later and it's done. Missiles have been greyed over a bit, but between the lighting here and the darker grey next to them that may not be terribly obvious. Glamour photos will be up in the gallery thread shortly.

• Like 12

• 1 month later...