Airfix replacements parts

Bert

Has anyone had problems receiving replacement parts? I email from the Airfix website "spare parts" option, a replacement canopy part from their 1/72 B-25 kit. It's been over a month and still no reply or package. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Ring them up.  But do bear in mind that you're in the US, Airfix are in the UK, and pandemic.  We've had quite a few problems in the UK because of the ongoing pandemic that people just don't seem to appreciate.

I had a good impression from Airfix. I bought both of their new Me-110 kits when they were released. One of the kits had no clear parts tree in it. I went to the Airfix site and, found their "Parts damaged/missing" section. I filled in the required information(scale, kit no., etc.) and clicked the "submit" button. About a week and a half-two weeks later I had a little cardboard box in my mailbox. The clear parts tree was in the box, no damage. I would have paid postage for it; but, it wasn't asked from them. I have to say that they did a good job.

1. afaik, the Airfix team are still mostly working remotely, they are only getting back into the office after the restrictions were lifted

2. Airfix itself has only about 10 staff. Only about 3 of these actually deal with all the enquiries

3. Ok, it was last year - I asked for a new body shell for the Aston Martin DB5. After about 8 weeks of nothing I suddenly received the car body in a wee box  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On August 28th (the Bank Hollibob weekend) I sent an email to Airfix Spares for a couple of parts for a kit

They responded on August 31st

It took another couple of days to get it sorted. It was my fault - I kept sending the wrong label info.

Airfix emailed me on 7th September to tell me the parts had been posted and I received the parts on Thursday 9th.

• Like 2