RAF Aircraft Jacks

xvtonker

A bit of a weird one, but can anyone point me in the direction of where I might be able to get technical data, Air Publications, dimensions, etc of the various types of post-war aircraft jacks?

Many thanks for looking

XVTonker :pilot:

In the Aircraft topic 1 ....what a/c?

There are obviously several types of Jacks some used on the same a/c with different adapters.

Having a ramp on double bogie aircraft was a bit of a time saver ....or a bit of curb ....which we used in Florennes Belgium.

13 hours ago, aerotechi said:

I have access to some APs for ground equipment. I’ll see what ones I have. 
anything specific you need?

Thanks for that,

I'm looking for as many of the three legged versions that were used on the likes of the Canberra, Jaguar, JP, etc  Any info would be extremely handy.

Thanks again

13 hours ago, junglierating said:

In the Aircraft topic 1 ....what a/c?

There are obviously several types of Jacks some used on the same a/c with different adapters.

Having a ramp on double bogie aircraft was a bit of a time saver ....or a bit of curb ....which we used in Florennes Belgium.

I'm looking for the jacks that were used on the likes of the Canberra, Jaguar, JP, etc.

I've got several Topic 1 AP's for various types but the information is pretty vague, and my memory of manhandling the flaming things under various aircraft, especially the Victor, makes me break out in a sweat just thinking about it 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xvtonker said:

Thanks for that,

I'm looking for as many of the three legged versions that were used on the likes of the Canberra, Jaguar, JP, etc  Any info would be extremely handy.

Thanks again

Hi not sure if this wpup d be the same but this photo is one propping up an F-4

spacer.png

The one below is holding up a Buccaneer.

spacer.png

I'm.assuming the jacks weren't aircraft specific but they're from a similar era to the Jaguar and Canberra.

29 minutes ago, Deano353 said:

Hi not sure if this wpup d be the same but this photo is one propping up an F-4

spacer.png

The one below is holding up a Buccaneer.

spacer.png

I'm.assuming the jacks weren't aircraft specific but they're from a similar era to the Jaguar and Canberra.

Some jacks were generic and for use on multiple types. If I remember rightly the ones for the RAF & RN Phantoms were American and specific to the Phantom.

XVTonker