Vintage decals what to do : help

LaurieS

Friend has a dead line. Let down on new decals has to use old which came with the kit.

Does not have Micro Scale Liquid Film.

Any ideas on helping make reasonably certain the decals do not break up

Thanks.

Laurie

A couple of coats of Klear will do the job.If you are crafty and just cover each image rather than the whole sheet you'll make life easier.If you also use Klear as your setting solution and don't rush it life will be sweet and all will be well.

If feeling brave a hot water dipped lump of bog roll will assist bedding the decals into the panel line detail.

Edited by Alex Gordon
Adding a bit.

36 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Varnish them.   Klear is a wax, and wonderful for what it does, but whether it will form a film to hold pieces together I don't know but rather doubt.

It's not a wax. It's a clear acrylic floor coating that can be buffed out to a very high shine, for people how think that's what floors should look like.

Chris

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

Interesting.  I've seen it described here as a wax and no-one objected, so I took it as gospel.  However, does that mean that it is suitable for this use or not?

Yes, I would say that it is suitable for this use. I have never used it that way, but over the years I have read about many of it's uses.

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Chris