Tamiya Porsche 934 RSR 1/12

I would like to show you my finished project. It's Tamiya Porsche 934 Turbo RSR. I decided to turn it to a 930 ish. I tried to achieve something "Singer style" Porsche here.

So some major work has been done mostly in interior part. But also I smoothed those wheel arches, and made couple other minor modification on body work. Seats are 3d printed from Shapeways by Ron Olsen. My phone do not pick body color exactly right. Color is from Ral chart ral 6033 mint turquoise, and top of that Zero Diamond finnish. Interior paint is also from Zero Ferrari Cuoio.

In overall I'm pretty happy with the result. Paint job could be better, it is glossy, but surface is not very smooth. I'm not polishing kind of guy, but due this project maybe I have to Start to be that kind of guy.

WIP here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235077198-tamiya-porsche-934-rsr-112/

So here are pictures. Feel free to give some feedback.

Pekka

BtKSw04.jpg?1

abtxexy.jpg?1

txHjJVx.jpg?1

It65LyU.jpg?1

taxaM2l.jpg?1

wDhGMwr.jpg?1

hFtNPPn.jpg?1

au36b7v.jpg?1

IQPMvEa.jpg?1

43ScaFG.jpg?1

3Qub1rG.jpg?1

CvJvKDQ.jpg?1

oOSjrKz.jpg?1

KlRi5yA.jpg?1

8mrCQWB.jpg?1

rQ0H04m.jpg?1

KDsOO5O.jpg?1

1PmWCQc.jpg?1

FRcnVLl.jpg?1

WPiAXDh.jpg?1

0XVppl8.jpg?1

sgwNc0J.jpg?1

• Like 19

1 hour ago, colin said:

Excellent, must be just a track day car as Mr Plod won't be happy with the tread on those tyres on the highway 🤣

Exactly. 😂. I wish Tamiya had kept those original treaded tyres. But maybe if they come across on ebay or elsewhere, I may get those if the price is reasonable. 

• Like 1

Wow what a Porsche 😍...the kind of "monster " I love. 

One question 🤔 how did you manage to roll it on it's side for showing the basement without destroying the body?

Didn't know that a real 1:1 Porsche is that tough 😇🤗

It doesn't look like a model, more than a original..🤩

Marco F 

• Like 1

It's a very good finish and great looking model, but what really impresses me is you well you've got the doors to fit. Up until that picture with the open door I hadn't even realised they were separate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

It's a very good finish and great looking model, but what really impresses me is you well you've got the doors to fit. Up until that picture with the open door I hadn't even realised they were separate.

That could be due one happy luck. 😂

57 minutes ago, Paintychops said:

Fantastic work. I think you're selling yourself short with that paint job; I would be more than happy if I got that good a finish

Thanks!😊 But pictures "do the justice" little too much to the paint job quality. Quality varieties throughout the body, roof is worst. But when look it afar it's really good, but in close you could see rough surface and orange peel. But as I said that could have been polished away, but maybe I was too afraid to doo that. I fear that I ruin it, because I'v had painted it already so many times due mistakes.