Amodel 1/72 Sea Devon

Just completed Amodels 1/72 Sea Devon, a very nice easy build, although I think the nose is too pointy, so tried to round it as much as possible, added some missing vents to the engine which are missing on the kit plus some other minor little bumps here and there, I also made the rear horizontal tail asymmetrical which this version had, I painted the props with red bands although looking at photos of Sea Devon's they should be black. 

Probably not my best build, and still prefer the Rareplanes version if I'm honest, anyway these are the photos, taken with my iPhone for quickness, so might put better photos up at a later date

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 55

15 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooooo I like that,  great work   it looks fab. Did you use the Kit decals?

Chris

Thanks, I should of mentioned, I used the Caracal  models decal sheet Part 1, although I used some roundels from a different decal sheet, the Amodel sheet especially the ROYAL NAVY looked to big and the blue too vivid especially the roundels 

• Thanks 1

Very, very nice indeed Kev,..... I`ll be building one of these myself soon,..... hope it is as nice. 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nicely done, Kev!  It's got that "used" look that gives it a persuasive scale appearance.  How did you do the windshield framing?  With silver decal strips?  Alex

I used white decal cut to thin strips, although I think they could of been a bit thinner for the frames

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Very nice looking model Kev, you are right about the pointy nose.  I too have built the vac form one but mine did not look as good as this.

Colin

The Rareplanes one is still a good representation and I think has the right nose which is a little more stubby 

spacer.png

This one I built about 11 years ago now, and still my favourite model and aircraft, although I did not use the right grey as it should be a light aircraft grey

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A fantastic build, so excellently done!

Knowing that Amodel kits don't "build themselves", I have to marvel at how well it has turned out.

Great stuff - and interesting subject too (hadn't heard of a Sea Devon).

:clap::clap:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kapam said:

A fantastic build, so excellently done!

Knowing that Amodel kits don't "build themselves", I have to marvel at how well it has turned out.

Great stuff - and interesting subject too (hadn't heard of a Sea Devon).

:clap::clap:

Cheers, as a Amodel kit it went together very well, although had the noted sink mark underneath that was easy to fill, the Sea Devon name  I believe was given to the  Navy version and is no different really than the Devon and Dove variants

On 8/9/2021 at 8:59 PM, kev67 said:

Probably not my best build,

If you say so Kev; but with the quality of your oeuvre it’s still counts as a bl**dy fine model and more than good enough for the rest of us I would say :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fritag said:

If you say so Kev; but with the quality of your oeuvre it’s still counts as a bl**dy fine model and more than good enough for the rest of us I would say :D

Cheers Fritag, my eye site is not as good as it was, thats my excuse 🤣